April 21, 2018, 01:15:01 AM

Author Topic: New Ideas  (Read 1864 times)

September 25, 2012, 07:25:12 AM

Dreamteam

• Resident Mod Wrangler
  • Administrator
We're very pleased to welcome you to The Discussion Station, a great place to talk about books, films and more!  As we expect this site to continue to grow and evolve, do you have any new ideas that you'd like to share for ways for us to improve or add to The Discussion Station?  Tell us about it here and we can discuss whether it is feasible and something that fits within the scope of our site.

If you have any ideas specific to Platform 1: Books, please go to this thread to share them.
If you have any ideas specific to Platform 2: Film and TV, please, go over to this thread to share them.
If you have any ideas specific to Platform 3: Off-topic, please, go over to this thread to share them.
If you have any ideas specific to Platform 4: Wordsmith's Whistlestop, please, go over to this thread to share them.
If you have any ideas specific to Platform 9¾: The World of Harry Potter, please, go over to this thread to share them.

Thanks for your input!  Enjoy your journey!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 03:30:02 AM by HealerOne »

January 06, 2013, 02:18:07 AM
Reply #1

blue4t

• The Polliwog Blog
I don't know if it's possible, but a suggestion for our profiles. We can put AIM, YIM, and MSN Messenger names.  Can we have a specific spot for Twitter handles as well?
January 09, 2013, 09:25:19 PM
Reply #2

futureweasley

I, for one, miss having a text chat (like the Corner Booth).  It was like having a live action book club.  Some of the best discussions I've ever had about books took place there, and I miss it.
January 10, 2013, 04:23:10 PM
Reply #3

ss19

• DS's resident Clever Clogs
  • Administrator
I don't know if it's possible, but a suggestion for our profiles. We can put AIM, YIM, and MSN Messenger names.  Can we have a specific spot for Twitter handles as well?
That's a great suggestion!  We have now added not only Twitter handles to our profiles, but also ones for Facebook, MySpace, Google+, and LinkedIn.

To add them to your profile, go to the Profile menu at the top of the forum, click on Forum Profile, enter your Twitter and/or other usernames in the respective boxes, then click the Change profile button at the bottom of the page.  Once added, there will be small icons under your username on your profile page and next to all your forum posts for other members to link directly to your Twitter page, etc.

I, for one, miss having a text chat (like the Corner Booth).  It was like having a live action book club.  Some of the best discussions I've ever had about books took place there, and I miss it.
This is another excellent suggestion. :)  A live text chat feature has been added.  Go to the top of the forum and click on Chat, to the right of Home.

------------------------

Thank you for the great suggestions so far. :)  Please keep them coming and help us build an awesome new community together!

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:28:21 PM by ss19 »
January 10, 2013, 11:39:42 PM
Reply #4

Marielle

Thanks I have added my Facebook :), and Twitter. I have to confess that I have a Twitter account, just because almost everybody has one, but I am never using since I have like no idea how it works or how to follow any conversation at all.  :(
April 13, 2013, 05:11:00 PM
Reply #5

blue_dreamer

I know this is sounds silly, I liked having those 'post-maker' things that used to change whenever you hit a certain number of post. It wasn't that I wanted as many posts as poss, I just liked seeing what they changed to (and back then we had loads to talk about anyway...)
April 13, 2013, 08:33:52 PM
Reply #6

ss19

• DS's resident Clever Clogs
  • Administrator
Do you mean how the member titles (displayed under our usernames next to our posts) changed whenever we hit a certain number of posts, blue_dreamer?  If so, we had discussed this when we were first planning this new website and decided not to have a post count based system like that, in order not to encourage spam.

There is, however, something called "Personal Text" that the members are free to set for themselves which allows for some expression of creativity, for anyone who would like that displayed under their avatars.  To set it, go up to the Profile menu, then Modify Profile, then Forum Profile, and then you can put in something for Personal Text and click on Change profile in the bottom right-hand corner to save it.
July 16, 2013, 02:16:41 PM
Reply #7

blue_dreamer

Do we have a thread for crying over PotterCast?  :'(
July 16, 2013, 08:24:02 PM
Reply #8

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
Do we have a thread for crying over PotterCast?  :'(
No, but feel free to start one in Platform 9 3/4. :)