October 16, 2018, 09:40:25 AM

Author Topic: Pottermore Canon - BEWARE OF SPOILERS  (Read 13750 times)

September 26, 2012, 10:02:12 PM

Dreamteam

• Resident Mod Wrangler
  • Administrator
This is the place to discuss canon revealed on Pottermore so if you don't want to know until you've read it yourself this is not the thread for you ... yet  :)

If you want to discuss things other than canon we have another thread here.

If you're ready to discuss then tell us what new canon you enjoyed, what surprised you.  Do you think there's enough new canon?  What are you looking forward to in future chapters?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 10:07:36 PM by Dreamteam »

October 13, 2012, 07:43:08 PM
Reply #1

Kickassnoodle

• You can't get any smarter than this
  • Forum Moderator
My favourite bit of new canon so far has to be McGonagall backstory. I find it fascinating. Especially the fact that there has been so much, well, romantic stuff going on in her life. It kind of makes sense though - sort of explains why she's apparently so cold, but has so much regard for her students, she has no one else left and she's used to hiding her emotions. Maybe she's afraid of any sort of attachment.

I love that she's described as a feminist as well :D Though she can't be very hardcore, given the level of her loyalty to Dumbledore. Though perhaps those two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

Also, who could've thought that she was a good Quidditch player? Though, on second thought, that makes sense also - I mean, she's always so invested in Gryffindor Quidditch team and she was the first one to spot Harry's talent as well.

Another bit I like is all the wandlore canon - with all the information on different woods and cores and everything.
October 15, 2012, 07:02:10 AM
Reply #2

Lucette

McG may be a feminist in the sense that she had always wanted a career and believed that women should have the same opportunities as men.  Keeping her own surname, rather than taking her husband’s name, was something that, in the Christian world, only feminists did back then.  Her loyalty to DD could be based in part on respect since DD had a reputation for sticking up for magbobs, muggles, and commoners - he seemed to share her values a certain amount.

McG does lack confidence in her own abilities, though.  She does second guess herself a bit.  Presumably, McG does finally gain some confidence at the end just before the battle of Hogwarts starts.  I got the impression that Isobel was “estranged from her family” though not sure how the family would have treated McG when they bumped into her in the wizarding world.  McG’s stint at the Ministry did not go all that well, so that could have shaken her confidence while leaving her core beliefs intact.

I am finding that Pottermore ghost plots sometimes raise more questions than they answer.  For example, Dougal and McG “suspected mysterious depths in each other”.  I would presume that the mysterious depths Dougal suspected in McG were probably to do with the fact that she did not tell him the truth about herself or what sort of school she went to.  It does make me wonder what mysterious depth that McG sensed in Dougal – what his secrets were or where his future lay.

Then there is McG’s brother Malcolm.  Both McG and Robert were named for someone, but where did the name Malcolm come from?  I would presume that, since his other siblings were named for relatives, that he was too, but, truthfully, we don’t know one way or the other.  We are told that McG’s brothers have children but not what their genders are.  We are not told whether or not McG’s father had siblings.

There are two Malcolms in the Potter books around Harry’s age – Malcolm that Dudley plays with and Malcolm Baddock (and three others if you count video games).

The thing with half-bloods is that, if their parents had siblings, they could have both muggle and wizarding cousins.  However, there are too many unanswered questions about the McG’s family to say for sure that she had any cousins at all or, if she did, that any of them had kids let alone grandkids.

=================================

What did you like best about the wandlore section?  What did you make of Draco’s wand, for example?

The wandlore section also revealed important information about Garrick Ollivander.  In DH, Garrick knew all about the Elder wand but had never heard of the tale of the three brothers.  That Garrick’s mother was a magbob may explain why he was unfamiliar with this particular Beedle tale.

I had previously noticed a similarity between Garrick’s eyes and Luna’s eyes in that both were described as silver and neither seemed to have the need to blink.  Another similarity between the two is that Luna had lost a mother and Garrick had lost a daughter.
October 26, 2012, 06:54:37 PM
Reply #3

atschpe

• April's Fool
  • Administrator
I was actually laughing out loud (and scaringthe cat) when I read the section on Peeves. Just brilliantly described. Even though we already knew parts of his background it was really nice to have it all put together, have a extra juicy tidbit of how he ran (ok drifted) amok through the school with a mini canon etc.

Reading about the Dursleys was not really surprising but it really cemented why they seem to "foreign" to me. It's so sad too, to see Petunia rather shutting down the magial part of her life completely, even though she had wished as a child to learn it, too. Could someone have helped her over come that? Her parents? Lily? Dumbledore? It's hard to say. Chances are they tried but she was too stubborn and went off to find the top-muggle available to marry as soon as possible.
"Of course it is all in your head, but why on Earth should that mean it isn't real?" ~Dumbledore (DH)
October 27, 2012, 12:49:07 AM
Reply #4

Armoracia

• Forum Moderator
    • The Emotional Range of a Teaspoon
as sad as it may sound, there is a part of me that can relate to Petunia. If one wants desperately to be something that one can never be.....is it so hard to imagine that they would turn both bitter and completely against it? While i have, personally, not done that....I can fully understand the instinctive choice. it is one i might have made myself, given similar circumstances.

:(
October 29, 2012, 08:07:09 PM
Reply #5

JaneMarple9

• Staffer
My favourite part of the Pottermore canon was definitely the McGonagall backstory, with her early life. She seemed to be a lot more vulnerable than she was in the books, Hogwarts and the students became her life. I also enjoyed learning about wand woods. I found it amusing that Vernon and Petunia spent their honeymoon in Cokeworth - the same place they ran to in PS/SS.

"There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with a really big library"
October 30, 2012, 05:24:25 AM
Reply #6

Lucette

Atschpe:  It's so sad too, to see Petunia rather shutting down the magial part of her life completely, even though she had wished as a child to learn it, too.

Armoracia: as sad as it may sound, there is a part of me that can relate to Petunia. If one wants desperately to be something that one can never be.

With a sister like Lily, what Petunia could never be is more of a “take your pick” question.  Petunia would never be the prettiest or the most popular or the most clever.  It melted my heart that Petunia was so unhappy living in Lily’s shadow that she left home forever – that she felt that undervalued and unloved. 
I think that Lily was fairly oblivious to it that, of course, her parents made a fuss over her when she came from Hogwarts (then again, Lily was used to being made a fuss over because she was popular so it probably did not register as being out of the ordinary).  Lily would not have felt snubbed at not being made a bridesmaid if she understood how invisible her sister felt when she was around.  That Lily felt snubbed showed how oblivious she was to what her sister had went through all these years.

After reading the description, I still see Vernon as not being much of a catch, but his qualities meant that he would always prefer the more ordinary sister.  That Petunia had a career meant that she could have left Vernon at any time but, if she did, who would love her then?  Petunia would not have been with Vernon all that long when DD threatened to tell Vernon that she had once wanted to attend Hogwarts – which, in Petunia’s mind was basically threatening to take away from her the only person who liked her best.  I get the feeling that Petunia’s fear of losing Vernon and never ever finding anyone who would want her kept her from seeing Vernon’s many flaws.  Fear does that, though.

I don’t see Vernon attending a wedding where he was one of the few muggles there – that would be way beyond his comfort level.  In fact, I see both Vernon and James as playing up frictions between the sisters for their own benefit – Vernon to avoid uncomfortable situations and James to get himself out of the doghouse for past misbehaviour. 

I wish that I could have been a fly on the wall when Vernon called James an amateur magician!  Priceless!

JaneMarple: My favourite part of the Pottermore canon was definitely the McGonagall backstory, with her early life. She seemed to be a lot more vulnerable than she was in the books, Hogwarts and the students became her life.

Explains why McG was so against Harry going to the Dursleys in the beginning of PS/SS – that she figured that being a wizard among muggles was not a good idea.  I do wonder if McG projected a bit too much of her home life onto her relationship with Dougal.  Her father and mother were opposites in personality – so it wasn’t just the magic which made adjustment difficult for her mother.

I don’t see why McG could not be a farmer’s wife and work at the Ministry.  Farms tend to be a bit more isolated while the Minister usually lives in the village.  McG would still live near her mother so she would not be completely cut off from her own kind, even on the weekend.  McG would not have been in the same situation as her mother was, even if she married Dougal who seemed less staid than her father.

Don’t the Weasleys live in a rural area outside a muggle village rather than in the city where the Ministry is?
October 31, 2012, 12:47:19 PM
Reply #7

atschpe

• April's Fool
  • Administrator
Amoracia, true it is very understandable why Petunia took the route she did. However, what is harder to grasp for me is how she could totally turn off motherly instincts with this young boy given into her care. She leaves him stranded in King's Cross Station fully knowing what he has to do to get onto Platform 9 3/4 yet chooses to be "ordinary" instead of helpful. Yet even to the ordinary mind: a boy with a trunk full of this odd magical stuff that can easily be brought back to their house when picked up by police, does not seem enough incentive either to get him "out of sight" and thus on the platform.

She both chooses the most ordinary muggle possible so as to stay away from the wizarding world but also chooses to play the role of an ignorant, to both supress her past memories and Vernon's dislike. The more she acts on this the harder she makes it for herself and thus Harry. She allows Harry's abuse not because she has a cold heart or anything, but because she has driven herself in a cul-de-sac with every decision and step she took. And she has taken these measure so strongly that any love she has for the boy is warped and distorted, as she follows Vernon's lead. And the latter is what truly hurts when reading her.
"Of course it is all in your head, but why on Earth should that mean it isn't real?" ~Dumbledore (DH)
November 01, 2012, 05:51:59 AM
Reply #8

Lucette

Atschpe: She both chooses the most ordinary muggle possible so as to stay away from the wizarding world … 

The first thing that Petunia noticed about Vernon was that he was “large and neckless” and the “model of manliness” – that he was, in her opinion, physically attractive.  Ironic that a lady with a long neck would find necklessness attractive, eh.  It is not so much that Mr hot and hulky is ordinary, but that he likes plain and ordinary (which is what Petunia has always been, especially in contrast to her beautiful, popular, extraordinary sister). 
It was that Mr hot and hulky was romantically interested in Petunia which Petunia liked, because most people weren’t.  Instead of a flashy sports car, Vernon preferred the most expensive version of a very plain car he could get.  And his taste in women were basically the same as his tastes in cars.
That said, Petunia was probably relieved that Vernon liked doing ordinary things, in large part because Petunia could not do the extraordinary things her sister could and, in part, because Petunia does not seem to be the extreme sport type – even jumping off a swing was something that made her a bit nervous. 
Have you heard of girls who pretend to like a band they can’t stand because they want the boy they have a crush on to like them more?  Petunia strikes me as being that way, of trying to impress a guy by adopting his views on things.

However, what is harder to grasp for me is how she could totally turn off motherly instincts with this young boy given into her care. … / … as she follows Vernon's lead.

What about Vernon’s fatherly instincts?  Because Vernon is, what JKR calls “materialistic” his is very limited.  Vernon needs to feel that he is better than everyone else and that his son is better than everyone else.  One of Harry’s “problems” is that he did not know his station in life – which was that of an inferior.  Vernon yells at his employees – they don’t get to yell at him.

Petunia agreed to take Harry in because she is afraid that Vernon would not love her any more if he found out that she once wanted to be something other than she was – a plain ordinary boring muggle.  If Vernon kicks Harry out of the house, then DD will spill her secret.  However, Vernon doesn’t want Harry in the house and him being there puts a strain on things.

When Petunia does punish Harry, it is usually for upsetting Vernon.  If Petunia could come up with an explanation for something to cover up that Harry used magic, she will, both to spare Harry and, more importantly to her, to spare Vernon. 

There are situations like that in the real world where a woman puts a guy ahead of the kids.  I’ve heard stories.  But, then again, the only way that Petunia could allow her motherly instincts to take over was if she was willing to leave Vernon (or risk him leaving) – which she wasn’t.

If Lily had to choose between Harry and James, who would she have chosen?  Then again, James could be replaced.  That is one of the perks to being popular, there is always someone in the wings ready to be the replacement.
May 19, 2013, 04:55:15 PM
Reply #9

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
I agree with Kickassnoodle, that my favourite part of HP canon so far, is the  :mcgonagall: information. I think it gives her character such a nice rounding, explains perfectly how she became one of my favourite Hogwarts Professors. Her deep regard for her students, as well as her strictness and her warm heart.

And I loved to find out that she was an excellent Quidditch player herself once,  :fredgeorgequidditch:  :snitch:  :harryquidditch: Even now, years later, she is very much involved in wanting a win for  :gryffindorc: in the Quidditch Cup.

I love that she's described as a feminist as well :D Though she can't be very hardcore, given the level of her loyalty to Dumbledore. Though perhaps those two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.
:crabbegoyle: In what way would they be exclusive? Are you implying that a feminist can not appreciate the knowledge and friendship in men?   :mcgonagall2: Personally, I see no conflict there.

Another bit I like is all the wandlore canon - with all the information on different woods and cores and everything.
Yes, me too! It's such a great addition of knowledge, as well as the additional info on Mr. Ollivander himself and the evolution of wand making.  :hearts: It also makes me wonder what will happen to the wand craft in England when he has moved "on"...

Reading about the Dursleys was not really surprising but it really cemented why they seem to "foreign" to me. It's so sad too, to see Petunia rather shutting down the magial part of her life completely, even though she had wished as a child to learn it, too. Could someone have helped her over come that? Her parents? Lily? Dumbledore? It's hard to say. Chances are they tried but she was too stubborn and went off to find the top-muggle available to marry as soon as possible.
I loved to read about the Dursleys too, but I think the saddest part of all is to realise that Vernon drove Petunia right back home again to the place where all her childhood nightmares come from on the run from the letters to Harry in PS/SS.   :surprised:  Couldn't he have driven off in some other direction?! How did he imagine Petunia felt about that? :dementor:  Talk about emotional ranges of a teaspoon! >:(

as sad as it may sound, there is a part of me that can relate to Petunia. If one wants desperately to be something that one can never be.....is it so hard to imagine that they would turn both bitter and completely against it?
No, if it was all about Petunia and her disappointments in life, I would probably have a lot more sympathy for her choices; had she not decided to treat her nephew the way she does. As for the rest of her aversion, yes, I think it is possible to understand it. I also think it is possible to understand her (not like it, but understand) that she wants her son to feel special even if it is his nephew who truly is special. However, she thoroughly oversteps the line in what is acceptable in her pursuit of this goal.  >:(

Atschpe: She both chooses the most ordinary muggle possible so as to stay away from the wizarding world … 
The first thing that Petunia noticed about Vernon was that he was “large and neckless” and the “model of manliness” – that he was, in her opinion, physically attractive.  Ironic that a lady with a long neck would find necklessness attractive, eh.  It is not so much that Mr hot and hulky is ordinary, but that he likes plain and ordinary (which is what Petunia has always been, especially in contrast to her beautiful, popular, extraordinary sister). 
It was that Mr hot and hulky was romantically interested in Petunia which Petunia liked, because most people weren’t.  Instead of a flashy sports car, Vernon preferred the most expensive version of a very plain car he could get.  And his taste in women were basically the same as his tastes in cars.
Well spotted!  It is kind of odd that long necked Petunia regards Vernon as a model of manliness! Possibly because she was enough down-trodden in her own eyes to long for anything that was opposite herself in looks? But it might also be that his bulk was mistaken for muscles, and his plain ordinary ways appeared to be exotic to Petunia, given her background. Further, when she met Vernon she was already set to welcome ordinary and banish magic from her life. He must have seemed the perfect fit - and he was interested in her, too! :yay: And, as Lucette says, with his points of views she needed never to fear, he'd put her second to Lily.  :heart: And so he won her heart.

The interesting question is perhaps if she has ever regretted this decision of hers? Do you think they live happily ever after (if we disregard Harry comming to them)?
May 21, 2013, 12:59:18 PM
Reply #10

Hermione P

• My Tumblr page
I loved to read about the Dursleys too, but I think the saddest part of all is to realise that Vernon drove Petunia right back home again to the place where all her childhood nightmares come from on the run from the letters to Harry in PS/SS.   :surprised:  Couldn't he have driven off in some other direction?! How did he imagine Petunia felt about that? :dementor:  Talk about emotional ranges of a teaspoon! >:(

Sorry, could you please elaborate about where "the place where her childhood nightmares come from" is?
May 21, 2013, 07:14:38 PM
Reply #11

roonwit

Sorry, could you please elaborate about where "the place where her childhood nightmares come from" is?
Cokeworth. This is where Petunia and Lily (and indeed Snape) grew up, and where the Dursleys spent their night while trying to run from The Letters from No One.
August 01, 2013, 09:30:58 AM
Reply #12

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
After the "remake" of Pottermore we can access a sample moment without logging in, in which we can find one new entry from Jo, entitled The Quill of Acceptance and The Book of Admittance (As far as I remember we haven't had this info before in such detail, have we?)

Anyway, in PS/SS Hagrid claims to the Dursleys that Harry has had his name down for Hogwarts ever since he was born. Do you think this is correct, or a slight exaggeration? How much magic does a newborn baby need to display to get its name entered? Was Teddy entered at age 1 hour, as his hair changed colour the first time? At what age did Neville's name appear in the book?

What do you guys think?

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 09:33:18 AM by Evreka »
August 01, 2013, 09:20:47 PM
Reply #13

roonwit

After the "remake" of Pottermore we can access a sample moment without logging in, in which we can find one new entry from Jo, entitled The Quill of Acceptance and The Book of Admittance (As far as I remember we haven't had this info before in such detail, have we?)
I certainly haven't seen that information before.
Anyway, in PS/SS Hagrid claims to the Dursleys that Harry has had his name down for Hogwarts ever since he was born. Do you think this is correct, or a slight exaggeration? How much magic does a newborn baby need to display to get its name entered? Was Teddy entered at age 1 hour, as his hair changed colour the first time? At what age did Neville's name appear in the book?
I think Hagrid's statement to the Dursleys is exaggeration (which he is prone to), as although it is possible to be down at birth (I imagine Teddy was within the first hour when his hair started changing colour as that is surely his own magical ability) I don't think it is common and there is no reason think Harry is special in that respect. Harry might have been down very early though; perhaps magic is needed to fly a toy broom stick, surviving a killing curse might be considered sufficiently magical, and even if it wasn't Lily's protection or Voldemort's soul piece might have been. But in any case, his name would have been down long before he got his letter due to all the strange things that annoyed the Dursleys.
I think Neville might have had to wait until the well known demonstration of his magical ability, but it is possible his name was down earlier due to some magic his family missed.
August 02, 2013, 08:19:32 PM
Reply #14

BillieMac

I put this in the wrong thread two days ago.  :ashamed: Fortunately, when Evreka modded it, she preserved the text in the notice. Thanks, Evreka  :)

I've just finished reading the More About: on Werewolves. So Riddle didn't make that up! Pre-teen Hagrid really was raising werewolf cubs under his bed! He must have been the laughing stock of his dorm, and his dorm mates must have been the ones to turn him in. So who finished raising them until they were old enough to be let loose? Did Dumbledore allow Hagrid to continue caring for his cubs in secret? Answers just lead to more questions.

Omg, someone should write a fan-fic about two werewolves marrying and accidentally mating while transformed, lol! The unaffected kids would have real headaches. ("Don't put him on a leash! He's your brother, not your pet.")
August 04, 2013, 04:17:42 PM
Reply #15

roonwit

I've just finished reading the More About: on Werewolves. So Riddle didn't make that up! Pre-teen Hagrid really was raising werewolf cubs under his bed! He must have been the laughing stock of his dorm, and his dorm mates must have been the ones to turn him in. So who finished raising them until they were old enough to be let loose? Did Dumbledore allow Hagrid to continue caring for his cubs in secret? Answers just lead to more questions.
Jo might have had this in mind when she wrote her new piece on werewolves but unfortunately the timing is wrong. Diary Riddle's comments refer to Hagrid before he framed him for Myrtle's death, and Dippet was headmaster at that point, and so Dumbledore wouldn't be in a position at that point to authorize putting werewolf offspring in the Forbidden Forest.
Perhaps Jo was just thinking of the rumour that there were werewolves in the forest and the werewolf offspring were introduced more recently, which would also fit with the idea that some of these wolves were still alive.
August 05, 2013, 07:47:00 PM
Reply #16

BillieMac

But Dumbledore was Head of Gryffindor House at the time. Would you really put it past him to secretly move the litter to his office behind Dippet's back? He wasn't near so attentive to the rules as he led others to believe.

Of course, it's Jo's tendancy to add details on the fly without back reference that nicely accommodates my argument. ;)
August 07, 2013, 04:35:57 AM
Reply #17

Hermione P

• My Tumblr page
Read Lupin's :lupin: biography. I laughed at the idea of Dumbledore :dumbledore: managing to get past his parents to play Gobstones with him. And it's great to know that he (posthumously, unfortunately) gets the recognition he deserves!
January 19, 2014, 06:42:42 PM
Reply #18

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
By coincedence I came across, on another site a few days ago, a claim of Durmstrang being located in Sweden or Norway, according to something Jo had supposedly said years ago. Some investigations later, roonwit helped me uncover this old description of an old reading from December 2000, in which she is supposed to have said this: copy of the Harry Potter for Grown Ups article.
(Source: this post and forward in Magical Histories and Magical Mysteries.)

Interestingly, today I ventured into GOF at Pottermore for the first time, and in the Moment Beauxbatons we learn a bit more about this school directly from Jo, some of its alumni, and where it is roughly located. The next Moment The Ship, holds more info about Durmstrang, some of its Headmasters, students and the like, but its whereabouts is not clarified at all, in fact the only thing mentioned is that it is rumoured to be in northern Europe, but may in fact be someplace else - as opposed to northern Scandinavia or northern Sweden or Norway. Maybe I am reading too much into this; but I do wonder if Jo has changed her mind at some point during the 13 years that has passed since the reading in December 2000.

For instance, I think it might be possible that she has learnt more about the Scandinavian countries and found some of the contradictions that make it so unlikely a location for a school with students from Eastern Europe (language for one thing), or possibly it's a political decision of not burdening any one country with a school that wilfully teaches Dark Magic... ;) Do you think she's changed her mind, forgotten about the old reading and any related old notes, or is it a political move to not pinpoint it to any one country?  :mcgonagall2:

« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 06:55:03 PM by Evreka »
January 19, 2014, 10:44:08 PM
Reply #19

roonwit

By coincedence I came across, on another site a few days ago, a claim of Durmstrang being located in Sweden or Norway, according to something Jo had supposedly said years ago. Some investigations later, roonwit helped me uncover this old description of an old reading from December 2000, in which she is supposed to have said this: copy of the Harry Potter for Grown Ups article.
(Source: this post and forward in Magical Histories and Magical Mysteries.)

Interestingly, today I ventured into GOF at Pottermore for the first time, and in the Moment Beauxbatons we learn a bit more about this school directly from Jo, some of its alumni, and where it is roughly located. The next Moment The Ship, holds more info about Durmstrang, some of its Headmasters, students and the like, but its whereabouts is not clarified at all, in fact the only thing mentioned is that it is rumoured to be in northern Europe, but may in fact be someplace else - as opposed to northern Scandinavia or northern Sweden or Norway. Maybe I am reading too much into this; but I do wonder if Jo has changed her mind at some point during the 13 years that has passed since the reading in December 2000.

For instance, I think it might be possible that she has learnt more about the Scandinavian countries and found some of the contradictions that make it so unlikely a location for a school with students from Eastern Europe (language for one thing), or possibly it's a political decision of not burdening any one country with a school that wilfully teaches Dark Magic... ;) Do you think she's changed her mind, forgotten about the old reading and any related old notes, or is it a political move to not pinpoint it to any one country?  :mcgonagall2:
Beauxbatons has definitely moved from somewhere near Cannes to the Pyrenees. It isn't necessarily a problem for Eastern European students to study at at Durmstrang if it is located in Scandinavia as Beauxbatons has students who don't have French as their native language (it might be multilingual, or have some magic to translate). However I don't recall seeing any Scandinavian names associated with Durmstrang, and the founder was Bulgarian, so it doesn't seem likely it is in Scandinavia.

On the subject of schools I find it interesting that Jo now says there are only eleven magical schools, which seems a smallish number considering that Europe has at least three. Also Durmstrang can't have won the triwizard tournament very often (it has been going around 700 years so there can't have been much more than 140 tournaments, probably less as it sounds like there have been periods when it didn't happen, but Hogwarts and Beauxbatons have 125 victories between them).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:00:24 PM by roonwit »