June 19, 2018, 11:03:52 PM

Author Topic: New Ideas for the Film/TV Forum  (Read 1737 times)

September 27, 2012, 07:45:33 AM

Kickassnoodle

• You can't get any smarter than this
  • Forum Moderator
Welcome to Platform 2, from which the discussion trains are departing to Film and TV lands :D

As we expect this forum (along with the site as a whole) to grow and evolve, do you have any ideas about ways for us to improve or add to Platform 2: Film and TV?

This is a place to share any ideas you might have that are specific to Film and TV discussions. If you have ideas about the site in general, please, post them here, in the New Ideas thread at the Welcome Centre.

If you have an idea for a discussion thread about film(s) or TV, you don't need to tell about it here - please, don't hesitate, go ahead and start the topic :)

If you have any questions concerning the Film and TV forum, you're welcome to post them here as well, or contact any of us by sending a Personal Message (PM).

See you in the discussions! ;D

Kickassnoodle,
Kwikspell,
MysteryLoverAnne,
SnapesSister,
Platform 2 Staff
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 01:10:22 PM by Kickassnoodle »

November 03, 2012, 06:05:10 AM
Reply #1

waggawaggawerewolf

• Staffer
Do we have any threads yet for old movies that one sees from time to time? Maybe it is seeing something like Gone with the wind for the first time. Or critiquing something that is no longer at the box office but has been seen on the on flight movie program. Perhaps it might be watching an old James Bond movie in another language.

I know some movies fall into genres. Harry Potter movies fall into the fantasy section, which might also include recent movies like Mirror, Mirror and Snow White and the Huntsman.  There are also slots for scary movies. But where would you put movies like Hugo and War Horse which might have scary moments but also give something deep to think about?

November 09, 2012, 08:31:27 PM
Reply #2

Kickassnoodle

• Forum Moderator
These sound like good ideas for thread topics, waggawaggawerewolf :) You are more than welcome to start threads on them :)
March 14, 2013, 08:36:20 AM
Reply #3

Maraudingdon

• Musings of a Penniless Writer
I wasn't sure if non-staffers were allowed to start topics. Could we have a thread dedicated to Sherlock please?
March 14, 2013, 09:04:40 AM
Reply #4

RiverSpirit

• You can count on me!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Maroon to the Bone
Maraudingdon, it is fine for anyone to start a topic. Please feel free to start a discussion.

March 15, 2013, 06:57:20 PM
Reply #5

Kickassnoodle

• Forum Moderator
Yes, everyone is more than welcome to start discussions here  :yay: In addition, we already have a general discussion thread, started by Allons-y, discussing BBC's modern-day adaptation Sherlock here. There is also a thread discussing Elementary, CBS modern-day Holmes adaptation, set in New York. So, you can join those conversations or, if you wish to discuss a specific topic concerning any or all Sherlock Holmes TV/film adaptations that doesn't fit in the existing topics, you're welcome to start a new thread  :sherlock:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 07:05:40 PM by Kickassnoodle »
December 04, 2013, 08:07:10 PM
Reply #6

BillieMac

Can we have a new Doctor Who thread?

The 50th Anniversary thread is past its relevancy date for the most part, and there's nothing more to say about Doctor #12 until February, when we should have four of his episodes to go on.
December 05, 2013, 01:23:51 AM
Reply #7

RiverSpirit

• You can count on me!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Maroon to the Bone

The 50th Anniversary thread is past its relevancy date for the most part, and there's nothing more to say about Doctor #12 until February, when we should have four of his episodes to go on.

I have put the question to our Mods. We will get back to you. Thanks for the suggestion.

December 28, 2013, 06:48:27 AM
Reply #8

RiverSpirit

• You can count on me!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Maroon to the Bone

I have put the question to our Mods. We will get back to you. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi BillieMac

I put the question out there and the consensus was that the 50th Anniversary thread be closed and the other threads remain open for general DW discussion.

Please feel free to talk about or raise any DW questions in the existing threads.