December 19, 2018, 12:29:10 PM

Author Topic: New Ideas for Platform 1  (Read 1289 times)

September 27, 2012, 08:05:54 AM

paint it Black

• Notorious Mass Murderer OR Innocent Singing Sensation
  • Forum Moderator
We're not surprised to see you in here, you know.  As a reader, you most likely think a lot.  And thinking generates ideas.  We like that.  So this is the place to share any ideas you have for Platform 1.  There's room to grow here, and we'd like to hear from you which direction you'd like to see us take that growth.  Post your thoughts here and we'll see what we can do.  You are also welcome to contact us by PM if you prefer.

Of course, this doesn't mean that you can't start topics of your own if you'd like.  That would be awesome!  We'd love to chat with you.

If you have ideas about The Discussion Station as a whole, please post them in the New Ideas thread in the Welcome Centre here.

Thanks for sharing!  Enjoy the journey!  :)

Dreamteam
ginginkat
HeleneB
HealerOne
MysteryloverAnne
pleshette
paint it Black
ss19
~Platform 1 Staff

« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:02:05 AM by paint it Black »

Cuppa is discussing Harper Lee's Go Set a Watchman.  Please join us!
January 05, 2013, 09:54:32 PM
Reply #1

Dumbleydore18

My ideas:

• Author discussions
  • Weekly short stories from forum members
  • Tips and ideas for up-and-coming authors
  • A monthly write-along, in which there's one main theme with three related topics to the theme and anyone can participate. Each individual writes their own story based on the main theme also incorporating those three related topics. The writers can essentially make their own story, but within those guidelines. At the end of the month, everyone share's their story.
  • Book club

I hope this helps!
January 06, 2013, 07:01:29 PM
Reply #2

Dreamteam

• Resident Mod Wrangler
  • Administrator
My ideas:

• Author discussions
  • Weekly short stories from forum members
  • Tips and ideas for up-and-coming authors
  • A monthly write-along, in which there's one main theme with three related topics to the theme and anyone can participate. Each individual writes their own story based on the main theme also incorporating those three related topics. The writers can essentially make their own story, but within those guidelines. At the end of the month, everyone share's their story.
  • Book club
I hope this helps!

Hi Dumbleydore18.  Welcome to The Discussion Station and thank you so much for your suggestions.
  • Author discussions
We'll be very happy to have discussions about published authors on Platform One, that fits in well here. 

• Book Club
We do have a couple of Book Club forums in the Platform Cafe where we're discussing JKR's Casual Vacancy and Stephen Chbosky's "The Perks of Being a Wallflower".

As for your other suggestions they sound great and it's certainly something we're considering so give us a little time to get things together and a new Platform may well open up for Writing.    :)