December 19, 2018, 08:29:16 AM

Author Topic: Registration security picture  (Read 902 times)

January 05, 2013, 11:12:21 PM

fos

I was a member of Leaky for many years. I am an avid Potter fan.

I found it very difficult to register here. It took many tries to figure out the security picture. I do have low vision but it was terrible to read some of the characters. The audio didn't help me a lot. You might consider having an alternative for low vision users such as an email to an administrator.

Just a thought.

Jeff

January 06, 2013, 12:13:01 AM
Reply #1

ss19

• DS's resident Clever Clogs
  • Administrator
Hi Jeff, :)

Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestion about the security picture.  We got hit by a lot of spambots in the beginning, and had turned the security picture up to the most difficult level in an effort to stop the bots from registering.  But seeing your feedback that it's causing problems for real human members trying to register, I've just changed the picture to a much easiser one.  I hope it will work fine now, but we'll leave the option open to take out the picture completely if we continue to get feedback from members having trouble with it.

If anyone else is having problems registering for any reason, please contact us using one of the methods listed in this post, giving us your email address, your choice of username, whether you're over 13, and whether you're over 18 (or if you'd like to give your exact birthdate, that's fine too, but is optional).  One of the forum administrators will be happy to put you in the system manually.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:59:06 PM by HealerOne »