June 22, 2018, 04:29:30 AM

Author Topic: Magical Histories and Magical Mysteries  (Read 8619 times)

July 24, 2013, 08:26:28 AM
Reply #20

paint it Black

• Notorious Mass Murderer OR Innocent Singing Sensation
  • Forum Moderator
Something else that struck me while reading recently was when Slughorn demanded a raise in pay.  Pupils don't appear to pay school fees - otherwise how would the Weasleys have managed to send all seven children to Hogwarts and at no point do we see Harry having to pay for anything other than his supplies in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade - so where does the money come from to pay the teachers, buy supplies, etc?
Harry had to get money from his vault to pay for school. He was relieved to find he was rich, because Uncle Dursley had said, "I AM NOT PAYING FOR SOME CRACKPOT OLD FOOL TO TEACH HIM MAGIC TRICKS!” [Excerpt From: Rowling, J.K. “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.” Pottermore Limited. iBooks.]

So, maybe students DO pay fees.

It's possible, but it's also possible that this is just Vernon's perception of a boarding school; he's probably paying for Dudley to attend Smeltings.

I've always thought that the wealthier wizarding families are a large source of the funding to Hogwarts.  We see Lucius Malfoy drop off bags of gold to Fudge on occasion, and (I believe) it is implied that his money gives him some influence as (among other things) a school governor.  I have no idea how this "governor" system works or what their duties and responsibilities are, but I get the impression that JKR does sometimes comment on the negative influence of cash (like Lucius Malfoy getting Buckbeack condemned) and government (like Fudge putting Umbridge *shudder* in charge) on the running of Hogwarts.  So I do believe that this is the source of at least some of the funding of the school.

Cuppa is discussing Harper Lee's Go Set a Watchman.  Please join us!
July 24, 2013, 10:07:05 AM
Reply #21

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
Harry had to get money from his vault to pay for school. He was relieved to find he was rich, because Uncle Dursley had said, "I AM NOT PAYING FOR SOME CRACKPOT OLD FOOL TO TEACH HIM MAGIC TRICKS!” [Excerpt From: Rowling, J.K. “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.” Pottermore Limited. iBooks.]

So, maybe students DO pay fees.

It's possible, but it's also possible that this is just Vernon's perception of a boarding school; he's probably paying for Dudley to attend Smeltings.
Well, as Harry's acceptance letter says nothing of any fee, I really don't Think there is one. Surely, otherwise it would have also said something like 70 Galleons needs to be paid to Vault xxx in Gringotts Before august Y or something?

Also, i Think the Equipment list as such is pretty expensive for Hogwarts (particularly for first years) so if Harry had no Money of his own, Vernon's refusal might have stopped him? I also Think Vernon specifically refers to the required equipment imediately before saying that.

We see Lucius Malfoy drop off bags of gold to Fudge on occasion, and (I believe) it is implied that his money gives him some influence as (among other things) a school governor.  I have no idea how this "governor" system works or what their duties and responsibilities are, but I get the impression that JKR does sometimes comment on the negative influence of cash (like Lucius Malfoy getting Buckbeack condemned) and government (like Fudge putting Umbridge *shudder* in charge) on the running of Hogwarts.  So I do believe that this is the source of at least some of the funding of the school.
Not knowing how it works in Britain, generally, I may well be wrong, but I Always assumed the governors oversaw how the school is run: ie who is headmaster, that exams are held, et c... more as administratives who decide how it is run sort of? At least Draco is known to strut around as if he owns the school up until Lucius is sacked after the COS incident where he threatens the other 11 governors to get Dumbledore to resign. After that draco no longer acts as if he owns the school.  :ron: Come to Think of it, this might also mean that the governors DO pay for it....?  :crabbegoyle:
August 12, 2013, 04:11:18 PM
Reply #22

Hermione P

• My Tumblr page
It says here (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Felix_Felicis) that in the DH2 film, Slughorn was drinking Felix Felicis before the Battle of Hogwarts. But when? In the theatrical release we first see him setting up the giant shield over Hogwarts. Didn't recall seeing this in the deleted scenes in the 2 disc edition either. Thanks to anyone who can answer this.
August 12, 2013, 08:31:17 PM
Reply #23

roonwit

It says here (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Felix_Felicis) that in the DH2 film, Slughorn was drinking Felix Felicis before the Battle of Hogwarts. But when? In the theatrical release we first see him setting up the giant shield over Hogwarts. Didn't recall seeing this in the deleted scenes in the 2 disc edition either. Thanks to anyone who can answer this.
I don't remember it either. I wonder if they are talking about the video game.
August 12, 2013, 09:22:47 PM
Reply #24

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
I don't remember it either. I wonder if they are talking about the video game.
I don't remember it either, but I know they filmed several different endings and we haven't seen all those, as far as I know. May it refer to a filmed but never seen scene?
August 13, 2013, 04:12:01 AM
Reply #25

Hermione P

• My Tumblr page
It says here (http://mwwnb-potterthoughts.blogspot.sg/2012/05/where-is-all-liquid-luck-in-battle-for.html) that Slughorn was drinking from a hip flask as he was running down the front stairs with McGonagall and Mrs Weasley. So it's possibly the scene where McGonagall gives Neville and Seamus permission to blow the wooden bridge up? I just rewatched the scene and couldn't see  Slughorn, just Flitwick, Mrs Weasley, McGonagall, and students.
August 13, 2013, 11:06:27 PM
Reply #26

roonwit

It says here (http://mwwnb-potterthoughts.blogspot.sg/2012/05/where-is-all-liquid-luck-in-battle-for.html) that Slughorn was drinking from a hip flask as he was running down the front stairs with McGonagall and Mrs Weasley. So it's possibly the scene where McGonagall gives Neville and Seamus permission to blow the wooden bridge up? I just rewatched the scene and couldn't see  Slughorn, just Flitwick, Mrs Weasley, McGonagall, and students.
I am not impressed with the Harry Potter wikia as they seem to have taken what was at best a fan theory (from a moment from the film that we haven't yet confirmed exists) and are treating it as a definite fact.
If we stick to the book there are problems with the idea that Slughron would take Felix Felicis.
Firstly I am not convinced that Voldemort regime would let Slughorn keep a supply of FF which could be used against them, either by Slughorn himself or by someone stealing it (Slughorn was a friend of Dumbledore so they wouldn't trust him).
Slughorn had very little opportunity to take FF. When summoned by McGonagall's patronus, he turns up in his pyjamas and is still wearing them when he arrives at the head of the reinforcements at the final phase of the battle. If he had time to go and collect a bottle of FF he would surely have used it also to change into some clothes or put robes on over his pyjamas. When he was summoned he didn't know how bad things were going to get so taking FF before setting out would risk wasting it, so unless he habitually carries FF in his pyjamas I doubt he had the chance to take it.
Going back to this supposed film scene, a hip flask isn't a good container for FF, because the dose you take is small, and you might waste vital drops of potion sticking to the side of an overlarge container, and surely if they wanted to show Slughorn taking FF they would have used the same container Harry had.
October 23, 2013, 12:06:49 PM
Reply #27

Hermione P

• My Tumblr page
Thought of this one after asking about whiteboard marker refills at work today and wishing I could just Accio one:

Snape :snape: usually just waves his wand and the Potion instructions will appear on the board. But there's chalk at Hogwarts too - we read about Peeves throwing them around in the books. Surely the professors must use them or there won't be a chalk supply in the first place. In the GoF movie fake Moody :madeye: was writing on the board manually, like what we Muggles do.

It's stated somewhere that anything magically conjured is only temporary, and what's written on a whiteboard or blackboard usually isn't there permanently. So how will the Hogwarts professors use chalk? Surely it's not necessary for them to magic the chalk powder from its stick to the board?
October 23, 2013, 08:38:12 PM
Reply #28

BillieMac

I am not impressed with the Harry Potter wikia as they seem to have taken what was at best a fan theory (from a moment from the film that we haven't yet confirmed exists) and are treating it as a definite fact.
If we stick to the book there are problems with the idea that Slughron would take Felix Felicis.
Firstly I am not convinced that Voldemort regime would let Slughorn keep a supply of FF which could be used against them, either by Slughorn himself or by someone stealing it (Slughorn was a friend of Dumbledore so they wouldn't trust him).
Slughorn had very little opportunity to take FF. When summoned by McGonagall's patronus, he turns up in his pyjamas and is still wearing them when he arrives at the head of the reinforcements at the final phase of the battle. If he had time to go and collect a bottle of FF he would surely have used it also to change into some clothes or put robes on over his pyjamas. When he was summoned he didn't know how bad things were going to get so taking FF before setting out would risk wasting it, so unless he habitually carries FF in his pyjamas I doubt he had the chance to take it.
Going back to this supposed film scene, a hip flask isn't a good container for FF, because the dose you take is small, and you might waste vital drops of potion sticking to the side of an overlarge container, and surely if they wanted to show Slughorn taking FF they would have used the same container Harry had.
Sorry I didn't edit the quote, people, but I don't have enough time to decide what to take out.

To counter roonwit's first point, I don't think Snape would have kept as tight a hold on things as he led everyone to believe. He probably knew where students were disappearing to, but he never set out to search the RoR. Letting Slugghorn keep some FF would have seemed like a good idea to him, so long as it wasn't used indiscriminately.

To the main point, however, roonwit's right. It's not canon, therefore, Slughorn never drank FF in DH.
As to the supposed movie moment, it looks like I'll have to go through that whole segment to see if it really exists.
Not a task I relish. Yates is not my favourite HP director, and JKR should have supervised Kloves more closely in the later films.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 09:59:13 PM by BillieMac »
October 24, 2013, 01:37:07 PM
Reply #29

Hermione P

• My Tumblr page
I don't think Snape would have kept as tight a hold on things as he led everyone to believe. He probably knew where students were disappearing to, but he never set out to search the RoR. Letting Slugghorn keep some FF would have seemed like a good idea to him, so long as it wasn't used indiscriminately.

You know the movie scene where the Order of the Phoenix walks into the Great Hall and then Harry said that Snape's security wasn't as good as he thought? I think Snape didn't try too hard to keep the Order and the DA out.
October 24, 2013, 09:46:29 PM
Reply #30

roonwit

To counter roonwit's first point, I don't think Snape would have kept as tight a hold on things as he led everyone to believe. He probably knew where students were disappearing to, but he never set out to search the RoR. Letting Slugghorn keep some FF would have seemed like a good idea to him, so long as it wasn't used indiscriminately.
I think Snape was limited in what he could do as he had to give at least the appearance of controlling the things the way Voldemort would want. He can't for example stop the punishments that the Carrows dish out, though he can in some circumstances avoid them. For example I bet he shared Harry's opinion that sending Ginny, Neville and Luna into the Forbidden Forest was much less of a punishment than something the Carrows might choose but he could do that because the Carrows wouldn't see it that way. I also agree that he would have a fairly good idea that the students were hiding in the Room of Requirements and that they were communicating with Hermione's coins, but the Carrows didn't know he knew so he didn't need to tell them (It is possible Snape could actually have got into the Room of Requirement if he chose to as Neville seemed keen on banning the Carrows and their supporters and may have left open a loop hole for Snape who didn't actually support the Carrows).
So I do agree with you somewhat, that Slughorn might be permitted a secret supply of Felix Felicis provided he kept it well hidden and Snape could realistically pretend he didn't know about it.
You know the movie scene where the Order of the Phoenix walks into the Great Hall and then Harry said that Snape's security wasn't as good as he thought? I think Snape didn't try too hard to keep the Order and the DA out.
I am not sure about this, as Aberforth says "The place has never been so heavily guarded". I don't think Snape could get away with leaving ways in to Hogwarts because they would be too obvious. He also doesn't just have to fool the Carrows as Voldemort might visit (and indeed did at least once).
October 25, 2013, 04:29:54 AM
Reply #31

Hermione P

• My Tumblr page
I think Snape was limited in what he could do as he had to give at least the appearance of controlling the things the way Voldemort would want. He can't for example stop the punishments that the Carrows dish out, though he can in some circumstances avoid them. For example I bet he shared Harry's opinion that sending Ginny, Neville and Luna into the Forbidden Forest was much less of a punishment than something the Carrows might choose but he could do that because the Carrows wouldn't see it that way. I also agree that he would have a fairly good idea that the students were hiding in the Room of Requirements and that they were communicating with Hermione's coins, but the Carrows didn't know he knew so he didn't need to tell them (It is possible Snape could actually have got into the Room of Requirement if he chose to as Neville seemed keen on banning the Carrows and their supporters and may have left open a loop hole for Snape who didn't actually support the Carrows).
So I do agree with you somewhat, that Slughorn might be permitted a secret supply of Felix Felicis provided he kept it well hidden and Snape could realistically pretend he didn't know about it.
I am not sure about this, as Aberforth says "The place has never been so heavily guarded". I don't think Snape could get away with leaving ways in to Hogwarts because they would be too obvious. He also doesn't just have to fool the Carrows as Voldemort might visit (and indeed did at least once).
I think the first part answers the second part - the Order got into Hogwarts via the Room of Requirement, which Snape :snape: either didn't know about or turned a blind eye to if he figured out that DA :da: was using it as their base.
November 25, 2013, 01:02:31 PM
Reply #32

Hermione P

• My Tumblr page
The Floo network is a way wizards use fireplaces to travel around. But this wouldn't exist in places where people don't use fireplaces (like Singapore). So would everyone be restricted to apparating and Muggle transport?
November 25, 2013, 09:30:17 PM
Reply #33

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
Sorry for being so late to this discussion.

I think Snape was limited in what he could do as he had to give at least the appearance of controlling the things the way Voldemort would want. He can't for example stop the punishments that the Carrows dish out, though he can in some circumstances avoid them. For example I bet he shared Harry's opinion that sending Ginny, Neville and Luna into the Forbidden Forest was much less of a punishment than something the Carrows might choose but he could do that because the Carrows wouldn't see it that way. ...
I think you are right about this, and I am convinced that he wouldn't be too eager to help find escaping students even if he does suspect that they hide in the RoR. However, I am not convinced he would know how to open the room.

In OOTP Umbridge knows what she is looking for: the headquarters for DA. In HBP Harry can't get in to Draco's hiding place because he has no idea what the Room is to Draco. No amount - or indeed variant - of "the place Draco use" works, whether Draco is there or not.

In DH, if Snape would suspect that the students hide in there, what would he ask for? They are NOT in the usual Hiding Room (or Ginny wouldn't have had to leave, for the trio to get to the Diadem), they are NOT in the headquarters or training grounds of the DA either. I find it utterly improbable that Snape would happen upon Neville's description of what the room needed to become, entirely by chance. Not least as Neville isn't a student, Snape has ever even tried to understand.  :snapeneville:  So even if Snape wouldn't be locked out by the Charm Neville invented for the room (so to speak), he can't find them anyway.

Again, I agree with roonwit. Further, as Voldemort can read minds, I am sure that Snape has to be even more careful. He might be an excellent Legilimence, but I doubt the Carrows are, so they must not become suspicious and nor must the other teachers suspect that he is less strict than he "should" be.

Further, we know that there are only one secret way in or out - and that way is entirely new and was created by the Room, when the hiding students needed such a thing. No one, not even Voldemort, can beat that Room! :P

Come to think of it, whatever Founder who created the Room of Requirement, used their outstanding magical talent to create something much grander than Salazar's self-enhancing Chamber, and so beat him profoundly! I wonder which one it was? Rowena, the clever one? Helga? Or Godric?  :hogwartsc:
ETA: paint it Black's response to this got my thoughts soaring to such an extent that I broke this off to a thread of its own. Go to The Room of Requirement - Hidden Rooms to discuss it, please.

Snape :snape: usually just waves his wand and the Potion instructions will appear on the board. But there's chalk at Hogwarts too - we read about Peeves throwing them around in the books. Surely the professors must use them or there won't be a chalk supply in the first place. In the GoF movie fake Moody :madeye: was writing on the board manually, like what we Muggles do.

It's stated somewhere that anything magically conjured is only temporary, and what's written on a whiteboard or blackboard usually isn't there permanently. So how will the Hogwarts professors use chalk? Surely it's not necessary for them to magic the chalk powder from its stick to the board?

I think it might be a question of something you can do in more than one way.

For example, it seems as if young wizards (possibly also young witches, but at least wizards) who have just passed their Apparition tests are prone to use Apparition instead of such mundane things as stairs and the like inside a house. The twins accuse Percy of this when he is 17 and a few years later, the twins are twice as guilty of this show-off method. Most magical people, do use the stairs though, even when in a hurry.

So for the chalks, I think it's a bit similar. Most Professors would just write things down, the more so as they want the students to copy it down and then they might just as well type it themselves too. And then we have Snape who likes to show-off his talents, so he just waves the wand. Meaning he is done in a flash, while the students have to type it down with quills.

In a way it's also comparable to University Professors among Muggles who flashes up page after page of already made text on a overhead display, and expects their students to copy it as fast as they talk! Preferably also typing down the examples they can wander into while talking and that are not on the overhead display. There have been uni classes where I'd loved a Quill like Skeeter's!  :fredgeorge:

The Floo network is a way wizards use fireplaces to travel around. But this wouldn't exist in places where people don't use fireplaces (like Singapore). So would everyone be restricted to apparating and Muggle transport?
I'm sure the wizards and witches of Singapore and other warm places have devised other means of magical transport. And Carpets and flying Cars might not be illegal there.  :lunathestral: There seem to be no end to the witty solutions. Besides, don't you ever light fires in the evenings? Maybe, in Singapore, they travel between any two lit fires whether indoors or outdoors?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 08:38:29 PM by Evreka »
November 26, 2013, 09:06:36 AM
Reply #34

Hermione P

• My Tumblr page

I think it might be a question of something you can do in more than one way.

For example, it seems as if young wizards (possibly also young witches, but at least wizards) who have just passed their Apparition tests are prone to use Apparition instead of such mundane things as stairs and the like inside a house. The twins accuse Percy of this when he is 17 and a few years later, the twins are twice as guilty of this show-off method. Most magical people, do use the stairs though, even when in a hurry.

So for the chalks, I think it's a bit similar. Most Professors would just write things down, the more so as they want the students to copy it down and then they might just as well type it themselves too. And then we have Snape who likes to show-off his talents, so he just waves the wand. Meaning he is done in a flash, while the students have to type it down with quills.

In a way it's also comparable to University Professors among Muggles who flashes up page after page of already made text on a overhead display, and expects their students to copy it as fast as they talk! Preferably also typing down the examples they can wander into while talking and that are not on the overhead display. There have been uni classes where I'd loved a Quill like Skeeter's!  :fredgeorge:

I'm sure the wizards and witches of Singapore and other warm places have devised other means of magical transport. And Carpets and flying Cars might not be illegal there.  :lunathestral: There seem to be no end to the witty solutions. Besides, don't you ever light fires in the evenings? Maybe, in Singapore, they travel between any two lit fires whether indoors or outdoors?

Muggle professors and teachers at the very least have to type the text or do the Powerpoint slides first. Snape beats pretty much everyone else on the planet (Muggle and wizarding) by magicking his text on the board.

As for the fires, the only fire in an average Singapore (Muggle) household is likely on the kitchen stove. I have a feeling it's not as safe as using a fireplace - shops that don't sell food won't have a stove, and you might end up on top of somebody's half-cooked lunch. Flying cars and carpets would have to be made invisible I suppose like the Weasleys' car.
November 27, 2013, 12:28:46 AM
Reply #35

paint it Black

• Notorious Mass Murderer OR Innocent Singing Sensation
  • Forum Moderator

Come to think of it, whatever Founder who created the Room of Requirement, used their outstanding magical talent to create something much grander than Salazar's self-enhancing Chamber, and so beat him profoundly! I wonder which one it was? Rowena, the clever one? Helga? Or Godric?  :hogwartsc:

That's an interesting question!  It is such an elegant solution to a problem that few may have even thought of, that I'd tend to think that it is Rowena.  Though I suppose an argument could be made for each of the Founders.  I wonder what its initial use was upon its creation...?

Cuppa is discussing Harper Lee's Go Set a Watchman.  Please join us!
November 27, 2013, 07:42:10 PM
Reply #36

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
Muggle professors and teachers at the very least have to type the text or do the Powerpoint slides first. Snape beats pretty much everyone else on the planet (Muggle and wizarding) by magicking his text on the board.
True,  :harry: but it doesn't help the poor students who have to write like maniacs in the spur of the moment as the text appears. :)

As for the fires, the only fire in an average Singapore (Muggle) household is likely on the kitchen stove. I have a feeling it's not as safe as using a fireplace - shops that don't sell food won't have a stove, and you might end up on top of somebody's half-cooked lunch. [/font]
LOL! Sounds like you might get a warmer welcome than you'd want!  :fredgeorge:

That's an interesting question!  It is such an elegant solution to a problem that few may have even thought of, that I'd tend to think that it is Rowena.  Though I suppose an argument could be made for each of the Founders.  I wonder what its initial use was upon its creation...?
Ooooh, I'd love to find out the full history of that Room some day!  :hearts: You're right, it would be at least as interesting to know what it was initially used for... ? In fact, your comment has got my thoughts soaring to such an extent that I think this needs a thread of its own. Go to The Room of Requirement - Hidden Rooms for my full reply!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 08:35:42 PM by Evreka »
January 16, 2014, 08:33:55 PM
Reply #37

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
I was browsing another HP fan board recently when I spotted a statement from someone that Durmstrang would be located in Sweden or Norway!? :mcgonagall2: To a Swede this is a most surprising suggestion at first sight, because it fits pretty ill with quite a few things:
* The headmaster in GOF is Igor Karkaroff which is anything but a Scandinavian name. I'd say it's more Russian or at least Eastern European.
* Viktor Krum, from Bulgaria, attended this school, which would suggest an eastern European or Russian location as far more probable.
* The school uniforms in GOF the movie are definitely Russian inspired and both the students and Igor seem to speak with a Russian/Eastern European dialect. Which of course isn't canon, but....
* It seems far more likely that the Eastern European countries would share an education system; both for cultural and language reasons. All of Eastern Europe speaks Russia; Norway and Sweden do not.
* Durmstrang is supposed to be at a far away place with vast uninhabitated country all around it, with lots of lakes and mountains in the vicinity. It is far away north to have short days in the winter, and be extremely cold. All of this reminds me of Sibiria (except possibly the mountains as I have no idea of the landscape in Sibiria).

Taken all together I have never questioned that Durmstrang is located in Russia, and most likely in Sibiria.

However, I began to search the web for a confirmation and found nothing of the sort. The only thing I did find was these:
Old editorial at MuggleNet on Durmstrangs whereabouts
Madam Pnice's Potter Pages on a missing interview from Jo where this was supposedly discussed.

Quote from the latter link:
Edit #2: More digging! I have found a fan report of the reading from the archives of Harry Potter for Grown Ups, and written to the woman who posted the report. Jules found a Mugglenet editorial that comes to the same conclusions but doesn't cite the Glasgow reading, and roonwit found another confirmation that the reading really took place.

(My Italic.) Is this by any chance roonwit here? Do you remember anything about this?

Do anyone have any more information about it, other links or memories? Where do you think Durmstrang is - and why?

And by the way, has the QQQ site ceased to exist in its full form?  :crabbegoyle: The only thing I manage to find is this page: Accio Quote!. If anyone have a better link, please share it! 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:11:58 PM by Evreka »
January 16, 2014, 10:15:55 PM
Reply #38

roonwit

Edit #2: More digging! I have found a fan report of the reading from the archives of Harry Potter for Grown Ups, and written to the woman who posted the report. Jules found a Mugglenet editorial that comes to the same conclusions but doesn't cite the Glasgow reading, and roonwit found another confirmation that the reading really took place.

(My Italic.) Is this by any chance roonwit here? Do you remember anything about this?
It was me, but I had forgotten about it. It doesn't look like I kept a copy of the pdf while probably means it didn't say much.
And by the way, has the QQQ site ceased to exist in its full form?  :crabbegoyle: The only thing I manage to find is this page: Accio Quote!. If anyone have a better link, please share it!
AQ replaced QQQ a long time ago. More recently AQ moved servers which broke some of the formatting and the navigation bar. However the interviews are still there if you can find them, and there is a copy of the Harry Potter for Grown Ups article.
January 17, 2014, 06:52:35 PM
Reply #39

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
It was me, but I had forgotten about it. It doesn't look like I kept a copy of the pdf while probably means it didn't say much.

AQ replaced QQQ a long time ago. More recently AQ moved servers which broke some of the formatting and the navigation bar. However the interviews are still there if you can find them, and there is a copy of the Harry Potter for Grown Ups article.
Thanks a LOT for the copy!  :flower: :stars: While it isn't Jo's own words, it's still very interesting to see. And if Jo really does think it's in Sweden or Norway (which seems likely) I'll extend her "can't say exactly where", to claim she's been mislead and it's really in Russia.  :fredgeorge:  ;)  ;)  ;)

As for QQQ being Transfigured into AQ, I know. I just tend to keep calling it QQQ anyway, for some reason, sorry about that. I was really missing the navigation and links. Do you know a way to search the site nowadays, roonwit, or do you search in Google and hope that it shows up? Do you know if they have any plans of restoring the navigation? It would be tragedy to loose those transcribed interviews...  :(