January 22, 2018, 10:18:18 PM

Author Topic: The Return to Camelot trilogy by Donna Hosie  (Read 4257 times)

August 29, 2013, 10:49:42 PM
Reply #40

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
You should be very proud! It's so great to finish up one thing because now you can really concentrate on the next project. Good luck to you and make sure to keep us up-to-date on your new book!
August 30, 2013, 10:38:38 AM
Reply #41

Maraudingdon

• Musings of a Penniless Writer
 :hearts: Thank you for the support. I am really itching to get things going with my next series, which is a four book YA fantasy.

That is amazing MD! I am so happy for your success - and a little jealous (I am a slytherin after all)

I would be more than willing to share with you my HUNDREDS of rejection letters, or tell you about the time I (and several other writers) were dropped by our London agent after the GFC caused Black Wednesday in publishing, or share the fact that I worked for nine months with an agent on SEARCHING FOR ARTHUR - turning down two other offers in the process - only for her to pull the plug on signing me FOUR DAYS before Xmas 2011!

My journey has been three years of pain, one year of awesome  ;) - I think I'm due a bit more awesome yet!!
October 19, 2013, 08:04:45 AM
Reply #42

Maraudingdon

I should have realised it's never over with the release  ;D!!

SEARCHING FOR ARTHUR is on special offer for Kindle until Halloween. It's $0.99 in the US and £1.02 (because VAT is charged on ebooks) in the UK.

Amazon.com link http://www.amazon.com/Searching-Arthur-Camelot-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B0087DA3QI/ref=la_B00A49AN7M_1_3_title_1_kin?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1382165423&sr=1-3

Amazon.co.uk link http://www.amazon.co.uk/Searching-Arthur-Camelot-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B0087DA3QI/ref=la_B00A49AN7M_1_2_bnp_1_kin?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1382165831&sr=1-2

SEARCHING FOR ARTHUR and THE FIRE OF MERLIN are now number 4 and 3 respectively in the Goodreads chart for Best Indie Fantasy. That's out of 391 books. I've been asked to go to another school to talk to years 7 - 12 about creative writing. It's been an amazing year.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:06:32 AM by Maraudingdon »
October 20, 2013, 04:46:35 PM
Reply #43

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
Oh Donna I am so happy for you! The Goodreads stats is just terrific!  :bravo:   :stars:  All your hard work is paying off now. Just remember to still save some time to continue writing. Best of luck on your presentation to the kids! (Make sure and stop by to tell us how it went!)
November 03, 2013, 06:16:43 PM
Reply #44

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
I'm late to congratulate you to the good reviews, MaraudingDon, but none the less, that's awsome! :stars:
November 15, 2013, 06:47:41 PM
Reply #45

Maraudingdon

I reached 1,400 reviews and adds on Goodreads last weekend, (it's gone up a bit since then) but the bestest news is that SEARCHING FOR ARTHUR is now listed at NUMBER ONE in the Best Indie Fantasy Books list from 429 novels!!!

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2230.Best_Indie_Fantasy_Books#14759013

And THE FIRE OF MERLIN is number three!!  :hearts:

I've had four number ones now: Best Time Travel, Best King Arthur Series, and Best Unknown YA (although I was removed from that list because apparently I wasn't unknown anymore! Thankfully I got a screencap before I was unceremoniously dumped!!)
November 16, 2013, 07:29:45 AM
Reply #46

varza

• Varzaland
Now you are 1st and 2nd :p (just voted for ya!).

Congrats Donna - things are going so well for you. I just told my husband today that you are a complete inspiration. I wish I had your stamina and skill for writing.
I am everywhere....
November 16, 2013, 09:09:20 PM
Reply #47

Maraudingdon

Now you are 1st and 2nd :p (just voted for ya!).

Congrats Donna - things are going so well for you. I just told my husband today that you are a complete inspiration. I wish I had your stamina and skill for writing.

You're so darned sweet and kind - thank you.

One of the writers I follow on blogger today answered a question about why he writes with a very simple "because I love it." That absolutely summed up writing for me. I have to work my full time job to pay the bills, but writing keeps me sane. So I don't see it as having stamina to do it. I have to do it in the same way as I have to eat, drink and watch Doctor Who!!

Skill just comes with practice, and good editors  ;)

The dream is to become a full time writer. This year I've taken a huge step towards that with the full CAMELOT trilogy release and the book deal. I had a five year plan at the beginning of 2013 and I am well on course. I'm absolutely serious about making this a career and so it's not just a case of writing down words anymore. I've had to make a business plan and think years in advance.

But as my husband said to me, I'm very lucky that I found something I loved and was good at. Everyone should be encouraged to follow their dreams.
November 18, 2013, 07:03:24 AM
Reply #48

varza

• Varzaland
I agree with your husband 100%!
I am everywhere....