June 22, 2018, 04:15:23 AM

Author Topic: Life's frustrations (or things that anger or upset us)  (Read 4115 times)

November 10, 2014, 12:53:12 PM
Reply #40

Hermione P

• My Tumblr page
My left sole nearly flapped off my shoe about 9 am at the office and I had to tape it. Fortunately I get lunch in-house, so I didn't have to walk too far. I had to take a taxi home to reduce the stress on my taped sole. (I usually take a bus and then walk about 5-10 minutes to get home.)
November 10, 2014, 08:00:38 PM
Reply #41

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
My left sole nearly flapped off my shoe about 9 am at the office and I had to tape it. Fortunately I get lunch in-house, so I didn't have to walk too far. I had to take a taxi home to reduce the stress on my taped sole. (I usually take a bus and then walk about 5-10 minutes to get home.)
That's never fun, I'm glad you got home allright! One can get really lopsided if one sole gets lost.
November 22, 2014, 09:08:41 PM
Reply #42

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
Roughly a year ago, I wrote this...

... To round the day off in a good way my Mum ordered goose from a catering firm with all sorts of things to go with it. All should be delivered, and just need some (re)heating. Anyway.... we just discovered that they forgot to send us the sauce... >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(
After this incident, however, they brought us two absolutely delicious meals for free in compensation and we decided anyone can make a mistake.  So this year when we are very busy with the aftermath of a renovated room, we decided to get goose from them again....

This time they forgot the potatoes....  ::) Not as bad and easy to replace, but still.... At the moment I don't think we'll come back a third time....
November 27, 2014, 07:56:21 PM
Reply #43

Buckbeak 26

I don't know if all of you have been following what has been going in in Ferguson, Missouri, but my father and I are very depressed with what is going on.  :censored: Not only that, but there were riots in Oakland California, Philadelphia Pennsylvania, and Atlanta Georgia. I did a run Tuesday night and heard on a local news station that protestors to the Grand Jury decision were blocking the Downtown Connector (I75/85) standing in the middle of the Northbound lanes! :furious: :o

To quote Rodney King, (1992 riots in Los Angeles) "Why can't we just all get along"? People get angry and it makes some of us absolutely depressed.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 09:44:31 PM by Dreamteam »
December 30, 2014, 10:19:49 PM
Reply #44

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
Tommorrow is New Year's Eve, a day for festivities in Sweden as in the rest of the world. My family will have a party in our house and we've been cooking the first few things for it tonight (after a whole long day where things could have gone better). Finally, after lots of stress, the wretched thing is in the oven where it should bake for 2 hours. While clearing up the mess of food preparation I suddenly notice that the oven is all black and completely off!  :o :what: What the..?

After some intense prodding, finally it answers, we can switch it back on, things seem to work. For another 30 min that was... Now it is off again!!!  :o >:( :annoyed: It's 11 PM here now, so reaching support is not an option, so what have we:
* A non-responsive oven
* A dish that will be lost unless things pick up soon
* An increasingly even later "done" time, if things do pick up
* Most likely no support for the next two days either
* This is not the only thing that need to go in the oven the nearest two days!!!
What on Earth are we going to do?  :what: Molly Weasley? Kreacher? Winky? What are the chances any of them could help?  :-\ :help:
January 01, 2015, 05:04:59 PM
Reply #45

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
Well nothing like starting off the New Year with your first Google search being: 'How to unclog your toilet?' Grrr. At least I learned a technique I never knew about!
Spoiler
1. Bail out bowl until just a little water is there. 2. Squirt in a couple good shots of dishwashing liquid (like Dawn)  3. Run  water in sink until hot - and then put about 4 cups of hot water in toilet. 4. Wait 20 minutes and flush! (Get ready to bail if it doesn't work - but it did!)

If you think about it, a clogged toilet is sort of metaphorical   :yuck:  for the end of the Old Year and the beginning of the New Year.  :lol: Time to unclog all the stuff that is holding you back and flush it out of your life. Start with a clean slate!  8) :P