June 19, 2018, 11:03:16 PM

Author Topic: Doctor Who No. 12 – Who will it be?  (Read 2620 times)

August 07, 2013, 09:07:01 PM
Reply #20

atschpe

• April's Fool
  • Administrator
I agree varza, it is sad that people focus on age. Afterall, he's over 900 isn't he? :p I think going older is a good choice as this will offer new possiblities due to the actors experience. And it worked in the beginning, where the doctor was far from being a young good looking actor (not saying he is ugly, mind). Again they did well in finding someone very different, so as to find newness. There has been talk about the 50th anniversary exploring new grounds too, so like this they can really continue the new territories from there.
"Of course it is all in your head, but why on Earth should that mean it isn't real?" ~Dumbledore (DH)
August 15, 2013, 11:12:43 AM
Reply #21

Kickassnoodle

• You can't get any smarter than this
  • Forum Moderator
Well, I personally love that they've chosen an older Doctor. I love my fictional father / grandfather figures, and even though Doctor is 900 something years old regardless of incarnation, it's still difficult to think of him as such when he's in the body of Matt Smith ::)

I don't really have an opinion about the new guy other than that (though I'm a bit bumped that it's another white male, but at least he's a bit older this time), but I'm actually feeling pretty excited that we're getting a new Doctor. Not that I don't love Matt Smith (he's my favourite Doctor so far), but I feel like there's been a rather significant decline in the series quality lately, so I'm hoping that this new fella will shake things up for the better.

Finally, is it just me or does Peter Capaldi sort of look like he could be an older David Tennant? ;D
August 15, 2013, 10:11:45 PM
Reply #22

varza

• Varzaland
He does, must be the Scottish blood. :D

I think one of the benefits with the choice is that the actor loves Doctor Who, maybe he can help get them back in line with the story somehow.
I am everywhere....
August 16, 2013, 09:47:23 PM
Reply #23

roonwit

I agree varza, it is sad that people focus on age. Afterall, he's over 900 isn't he?
I think the older version of the Doctor was 1,100 at the start of Matt's second series at Lake Silencio.
August 21, 2013, 02:26:07 PM
Reply #24
i know who it is i saw it his name a paul capldie hes a good actor i saw him in torchwood 3 ...
December 28, 2013, 06:56:21 AM
Reply #25

RiverSpirit

• You can count on me!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Maroon to the Bone
As we have now met the new doctor (and found out he is actually the 13th!!!!) this thread will be closed.