August 18, 2018, 01:43:04 PM

Author Topic: Confessions of a Potter-holic  (Read 10690 times)

April 09, 2015, 02:17:45 AM
Reply #80

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
When you think that this image is the funniest protest you've seen in a long time!  :siriusbike:

Oh Ho! Thanks for the laugh Evreka! I loved that!  :-[ I mean really, what's not to like about that picture?!
April 22, 2015, 10:38:01 PM
Reply #81

paint it Black

• Notorious Mass Murderer OR Innocent Singing Sensation
  • Forum Moderator
I could not help thinking when I saw this article that Molly has been awfully busy preparing for the Weasley's summer beach holiday....  :mollyarthur: :fredgeorge: :ron: :harryginny:

Crochet Booty Shorts Are All the Rage for Dapper Gents

:lol:

My other Potter-holic confession is that, since my recent viewing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, any time I read or hear an instruction of "Begin", I hear (and/or speak) it in the same voice as Voldemort does when he begins the attack on Hogwarts.   ;D

"Begin." :voldemortharry:

Cuppa is discussing Harper Lee's Go Set a Watchman.  Please join us!
April 24, 2015, 08:10:20 PM
Reply #82

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
I could not help thinking when I saw this article that Molly has been awfully busy preparing for the Weasley's summer beach holiday....  :mollyarthur: :fredgeorge: :ron: :harryginny:

Oh my!  :mollyarthur:  It sure speaks of Molly having done outfits for her family!  :fredgeorge:
April 25, 2015, 05:18:14 AM
Reply #83

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale

All I can is Poor Ron! His, I'm sure, would be maroon and maybe even frilly! Yikes! Perhaps a big 'R' on his bum?
May 01, 2015, 06:20:12 PM
Reply #84

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
One of the Swedish pharmacies is running a campaign promoting their own lotion, making out it treats adults as good as we tend to treat toddlers. They illustrate it with a man and a woman whose faces has been altered in computers to look like young kids. Every time I pass the woman, I associate to Mafalda Kopkirk (other image of Mafalda)!
June 22, 2015, 07:58:13 PM
Reply #85

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
I found a graphical logic puzzle on the web some time ago, which I've played with a bit off and on. The persons that you need to match to other "facts" look thus:

When you refer to them, in your own head, as: James, Hermione, Ron, Dean, Cho and Luna...  ;)
July 26, 2015, 03:11:37 PM
Reply #86

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
When you stumble upon this image and immediately thinks of GRINGOTTS! ;)

(It's really a Norwedgian hotel.)
October 01, 2015, 08:50:54 PM
Reply #87

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
When you study this Fact Sheet on Wand Usage in HP from New Pottermore from top to bottom. (Don't read unless you've read all HP books.)
October 03, 2015, 06:12:06 PM
Reply #88

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
:lol: That is amazing! Yes, you are right - only an obsessed Potter-holic would find that whole chart totally mesmerizing! Thanks for the link!
October 10, 2015, 09:42:00 AM
Reply #89

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
When these "advices" for want of a better word make you smile:
How to Deal with Life when You've Just Finished the HP Saga according to New Pottermore.  :love:
November 01, 2015, 03:25:39 PM
Reply #90

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
When you listen to the soundtrack from Sound of Music, and suddenly realises that they sing "flibbertigibbet" in the song Maria...
November 04, 2015, 12:17:04 AM
Reply #91

paint it Black

• Forum Moderator
When remembering the Gringotts employees makes you think up a new tongue twister: Grumpy Gringotts Goblins.  Try saying that five times fast!  :lol:

November 04, 2015, 04:45:54 PM
Reply #92

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
I just realised that I didn't put my major one in here:

When you got vacation from job so you could stay at home and be online when the tickets for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child went on sale for priority booking last week...  :-[

When remembering the Gringotts employees makes you think up a new tongue twister: Grumpy Gringotts Goblins.  Try saying that five times fast!  :lol:
Nice one! I think I'll pass...  :lol:
January 12, 2016, 03:19:17 PM
Reply #93

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
  :lol:  So you know you are a Harry Potter :harry: fan when: You are reading a news story about a bison that was struck by lightening and wondering why they didn't name the huge animal Harry instead of 'Sparky'?

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2016/01/11/sparky-bison-survives-lightning-strike-thrives-refuge/

Edit: Or perhaps 'The Bison that Lived'.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:22:21 PM by HealerOne »
January 13, 2016, 07:26:36 PM
Reply #94

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
  :lol:  So you know you are a Harry Potter :harry: fan when: You are reading a news story about a bison that was struck by lightening and wondering why they didn't name the huge animal Harry instead of 'Sparky'?

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2016/01/11/sparky-bison-survives-lightning-strike-thrives-refuge/

Edit: Or perhaps 'The Bison that Lived'.

I got the feeling he was already called Sparky, when hit? Either way The Bison that Lived beats everything!  :lol:

Poor Bison, it's amazing he survived.
March 01, 2016, 07:41:26 AM
Reply #95

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
As an ardent Harry Potter fan, I am a  sucker for anything written about the story. In trolling blogs about writing, I came across this blog entry - Harry Potter–The Best Sloppy Writing You'll Ever Read at VaguelyCircular.com.  I was vaguely annoyed at the tittle but read the article anyway,  and found myself smiling. I certainly don't agree with all that is said, but I was happy to see that other writers acknowledge that JKR's writing is full of  - well magic!  Read the article here: http://vaguelycircular.com/2015/08/10/harry-potter-best-sloppy-writing-youll-ever-read/
August 03, 2016, 08:55:09 AM
Reply #96

paint it Black

• Forum Moderator
Hey HP fans, summer's halfway over!  If you've still not got your bikini bod ready, you may want to consider this Harry Potter Workout;)  No fair using Wingardium Leviosa to lift your weights.  :P

August 26, 2016, 08:48:49 PM
Reply #97

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
When you shy away from any form of HP boards a few weeks before a new HP book is released and remain distant until you know what it contains.   :hermioneread:

When you got vacation from job so you could stay at home and be online when the tickets for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child went on sale for priority booking last week...  :-[
When the fact that you had tickets to said show meant you decided to NOT read the book immediately as it came out, which was incredibly difficult since it was the first time since finishing POA (in 2002) that you ever waited on a new HP book even a day longer than necessary!
February 23, 2017, 04:52:34 PM
Reply #98

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
:lol: Now it's a scientific fact that reading Harry Potter books is a good thing.   :stars:  Well, We all knew that long before the science caught up with us!

Here's the link:

http://didyouknowfacts.com/just-reading-harry-potter-makes-better-person-according-science/?utm_source=Web&utm_medium=Partner&utm_campaign=AOLHP