October 18, 2018, 06:49:50 AM

Author Topic: Wildlife Documentaries  (Read 652 times)

July 13, 2014, 04:47:05 AM

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
Wildlife Documentaries

I don't often watch TV at all, but since I got access to more Wildlife Channels, I now sometimes try to catch the Wildlife Documentaries when they are aired.

Do you like Wildlife Channels?  Are there any particular Wildlife Documentaries that you'd like to see? Do you have a favourite geographical area or favourite animals to watch?

Have you seen something that left a lasting imprint on your soul or at least memory? Or do you have a recommendation of something Wildlife oriented comming our way on a TV Channel near us?

Come share the Wildlife wonders... from TV or film!

I've recently finished a book called An African Love Story by Dame Daphne Sheldrick (My bookreview at DS) that inspired me into some online research about the Elephant Orphanage that she is heading, and other related topics. I then stumbled upon the following info:

On 16 July US Television premiere of The Elephant Who Found a Mom on PBS at 20.00hrs ET (8.00 PM). This is a documentary that tells the emotional story of orphaned elephant Aisha and Dame Daphne Sheldrick, who became her human foster parent. (More info)

Baby Aisha was the first elephant baby, that was entirely dependant on milk, that Daphne managed to feed, as she found a milk formula that worked. Having read the story in the book, I would love to see the documentary. If we have any widlife or elephant interested Americans, this might be interesting. :)

For the rest of us, if there are interest, try this list at Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sheldrick+elephant+orphanage
(For related videos.)

Changed first post to something more general. /Evreka
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 07:45:23 PM by Evreka »

August 13, 2014, 09:22:54 PM
Reply #1

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
Today when I came home from work I turned on the TV and checked what was running on Animal Planet. To my extreme surprise it was a documentary called The Elephant that Loved too much which also featured baby elephant Aisha, her foster mother Daphne Sheldrik and and also showed some of the Trust's work today.

Very interesting!  :thumbup:
August 14, 2014, 06:33:06 PM
Reply #2

siena