August 17, 2018, 07:57:49 PM

Author Topic: What made your day today?  (Read 2192 times)

March 08, 2015, 05:52:11 PM
Reply #20

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
Two great things happened today:

1) For the first time in I don't know how many years the first day of true spring occurred on a weekend day! We've had sun, blue skies and up to 17 incredible centigrades!!! (Normally, we've had about 2-5 centigrades now.)

2) I've been doing some much needed excavations on the desk in my study. And Low and behold! It was a table surface below the piles!!!  ;) :P
March 12, 2015, 01:09:33 AM
Reply #21

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale

1) For the first time in I don't know how many years the first day of true spring occurred on a weekend day! We've had sun, blue skies and up to 17 incredible centigrades!!! (Normally, we've had about 2-5 centigrades now.)

2) I've been doing some much needed excavations on the desk in my study. And Low and behold! It was a table surface below the piles!!!  ;) :P
I had to laugh at your second revelation! It sounds like my desk! Recently when I sit down to the desk, I have been playing a little game of "Let's get rid of ten things on the desk!" It's amazing how many times I have played this game and I still only see a few inches of desktop here and there! It is mind-blowing what I find to get rid of: scraps of paper; old mail; wrappers; stuff that needs to be filed elsewhere; objects that need to be put away; pens and pencils; and (Ugh) the crumbs of food that needs to be cleaned up! Sigh, maybe someday soon I will be able to get to the bottom of this mystery of why this desk attracts so many interesting objects! (I really think I have a troll in my house that likes to sit at my desk and toss random objects on to it!)
March 12, 2015, 10:11:02 PM
Reply #22

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
I had to laugh at your second revelation! It sounds like my desk! Recently when I sit down to the desk, I have been playing a little game of "Let's get rid of ten things on the desk!" It's amazing how many times I have played this game and I still only see a few inches of desktop here and there! It is mind-blowing what I find to get rid of: scraps of paper; old mail; wrappers; stuff that needs to be filed elsewhere; objects that need to be put away; pens and pencils; and (Ugh) the crumbs of food that needs to be cleaned up! Sigh, maybe someday soon I will be able to get to the bottom of this mystery of why this desk attracts so many interesting objects! (I really think I have a troll in my house that likes to sit at my desk and toss random objects on to it!)
I've had an unusually solid crappy day today, so the doubtless best thing today was to read this description of yours!  :hug: Apart from the food crumbles, you might as well have described most of the things mine held, pre-excavation. Just add some puzzle magazines and books and notebooks, to the mix...

Thanks for the laugh, HealerOne! Try Gobbledegook to calm the Troll down...  :fredgeorge:
March 14, 2015, 03:19:10 PM
Reply #23

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
Aaaw, I am glad that my description gave you a lift on a bad day. We all need that! Unfortunately I am no good at Gobbledegook! I swear that little Troll came in last night because now there is a stack of papers that I know I will have to get out of my way before I type much more! Sigh. I really could use a House elf. (I promise I would be good to them and pay them wages and even give them time off!)