December 13, 2017, 12:51:14 PM

Author Topic: Birthday Trivia  (Read 1046 times)

September 27, 2014, 06:43:04 PM

ss19

• DS's resident Clever Clogs
  • Administrator
Birthday Trivia
 :jester:

Put your thinking caps on and see how many of these trivia questions you can answer! 

This is a closed game, so rather than post your answers here publicly, send me a personal message with your answers.  You have one week to submit your entry, and the first member to answer all the questions correctly (or the most questions correctly if no one gets all of them) wins a custom member title!

1.  Who composed the melody for the Happy Birthday song?
2.  Which well-known author has the same birthday as the main character in her first published novel?
3.  Which author published a book titled, "Happy Birthday to You"?
4.  Which 2005 film features a scene celebrating the main character's 30th birthday?
5.  What do you never give as a birthday present in China?
6.  Which well-known writer supposedly died on his birthday? (His birthday was estimated due to the lack of accurate birth records.)
7.  In a room with 70 people, what's the probability of having at least 2 people share the same birthday: 18%, 23%, 71%, or over 99%?
8.  Name a Hollywood couple who share the same birthday (but different birth year) in September.
9.  Which popular website/company currently celebrates its birthday on the same day as the Discussion Station, on September 27th?
10.  Which month and day is the least common day for someone to be born?

October 06, 2014, 04:43:51 PM
Reply #1

ss19

• Administrator
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Birthday Triva contest!  :flower:

Congratulations to Eva Hedwig for submitting the winning entry with 9 correct answers out of 10!  :stars:

Another entry submitted by nellythemarrow also had 9 correct answers out of 10 (though not the same 9), but came later than the winning entry, unfortunately.  Well done, nonetheless!  :thumbup:

Here are the correct answers to the questions:

Q1.  Who composed the melody for the Happy Birthday song?
Answer:
Spoiler
Patty Hill and Mildred J. Hill, who were sisters
2.  Which well-known author has the same birthday as the main character in her first published novel?
Answer:
Spoiler
J.K. Rowling
3.  Which author published a book titled, "Happy Birthday to You"?
Answer:
Spoiler
Dr. Seuss
4.  Which 2005 film features a scene celebrating the main character's 30th birthday?
Answer:
Spoiler
Batman Begins
5.  What do you never give as a birthday present in China?
Answer:
Spoiler
A clock
6.  Which well-known writer supposedly died on his birthday? (His birthday was estimated due to the lack of accurate birth records.)
Spoiler
William Shakespeare
7.  In a room with 70 people, what's the probability of having at least 2 people share the same birthday: 18%, 23%, 71%, or over 99%?
Spoiler
Over 99%
8.  Name a Hollywood couple who share the same birthday (but different birth year) in September.
Answer: Answer:
Spoiler
Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones, both born on September 25th
9.  Which popular website/company currently celebrates its birthday on the same day as the Discussion Station, on September 27th?
Spoiler
Google
10.  Which month and day is the least common day for someone to be born?
Answer:
Spoiler
February 29th
October 07, 2014, 08:09:41 PM
Reply #2

Eva Hedwig

• Kwite the Kwizzikal Kwiz Kween
thank you to all who created the riddle, it was fun  ;D

I think it would be fair to share the prize (title)  with nellythemarrow. I would not mind. It was a hard work after all to find out all the answers, togehter with the fun and learning new facts :)
October 09, 2014, 01:18:34 AM
Reply #3

ss19

• Administrator
I think it would be fair to share the prize (title)  with nellythemarrow. I would not mind. It was a hard work after all to find out all the answers, togehter with the fun and learning new facts :)

Thank you for your generous offer to share your prize!  Don't worry about it though, there will be plenty of opportunities for nellythemarrow to win a title in the future, and these contests are more fun when there are more competitors and the prize isn't too easy to come by.  :)
October 09, 2014, 01:47:18 AM
Reply #4

nellythemarrow

• Here be marrows of the vegetable variety.

Thank you for your generous offer to share your prize!  Don't worry about it though, there will be plenty of opportunities for nellythemarrow to win a title in the future, and these contests are more fun when there are more competitors and the prize isn't too easy to come by.  :)
:nod: Agreed, what she said  ;D Thanks for the offer, though. I'm glad you got it, Eva:clap:

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." ~ Gandalf, LotR
My Pottermore username is QuillStone22