January 23, 2018, 04:18:05 AM

Author Topic: HP Quizzes and Other HP Puzzles  (Read 430 times)

October 18, 2014, 12:48:39 PM

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
Do you ever take any HP Quizzes or solve any HP puzzles nowadays? Are there any you'd like to recommend? Or something you think is, perhaps, not so great? Were/Are you stumped by something?

Let's here about it!  :trio:

Do you know of any good Sorting Hats? I lost an awful lot of good links with LL, I suppose we all did...

Today I was winding away some waiting time with a quiz with the bold name Can You Pass The Hardest Harry Potter Trivia Quiz?  :mcgonagall2: I wouldn't say it lives up to that, although I only scraped 22 of 25. Two of those were silly mistakes, but the third has me quite stumped. What would you say would be the correct answer to question 12? (The numbers on top are links that take you to the question if you press a number.)
October 19, 2014, 09:29:08 AM
Reply #1

paint it Black

• Notorious Mass Murderer OR Innocent Singing Sensation
  • Forum Moderator
Do you know of any good Sorting Hats? I lost an awful lot of good links with LL, I suppose we all did...

I actually saved the link to that really extensive Sorting Hat quiz which was based on a personality test.  However, now if I click on that link, I am redirected to a site of other personality tests, none of which relate to Hogwarts.  :(  Too bad.  I remember doing that one years ago and getting what I felt was the best assessment of a House for me: I scored exactly half Ravenclaw and exactly half Hufflepuff.  After I was provided with a tiebreaker question (I don't remember what it was), it decided that I was Ravenclaw.  Pottermore, on the other hand, thinks I am a Gryffindor.  All I can say is that if this is true, I must be one of those Neville-like, late-bloomer Gryffindors.  ;D

Today I was winding away some waiting time with a quiz with the bold name Can You Pass The Hardest Harry Potter Trivia Quiz?  :mcgonagall2: I wouldn't say it lives up to that, although I only scraped 22 of 25. Two of those were silly mistakes, but the third has me quite stumped. What would you say would be the correct answer to question 12? (The numbers on top are links that take you to the question if you press a number.)

I also got #12 wrong; I'm guessing that, like me, you answered
Spoiler
Snatchers, while the quiz said that the correct answer was Fenrir Greyback.  Greyback was amongst a group of snatchers who captured the trio.
I saw a number of people comment on this at the end of the quiz, so I think it is an error and the fault of the authors of the quiz.  I was unable to identify Harry's wand from the tiny pictures, so that was the only other one I got wrong.  As you said, it was certainly not the "Hardest" quiz.

Cuppa is discussing Harper Lee's Go Set a Watchman.  Please join us!
October 19, 2014, 09:48:31 PM
Reply #2

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
I actually saved the link to that really extensive Sorting Hat quiz which was based on a personality test.  However, now if I click on that link, I am redirected to a site of other personality tests, none of which relate to Hogwarts.  :(  Too bad.  I remember doing that one years ago and getting what I felt was the best assessment of a House for me: I scored exactly half Ravenclaw and exactly half Hufflepuff.  After I was provided with a tiebreaker question (I don't remember what it was), it decided that I was Ravenclaw.  Pottermore, on the other hand, thinks I am a Gryffindor.  All I can say is that if this is true, I must be one of those Neville-like, late-bloomer Gryffindors.  ;D
Oh, nooo!  :'( It's tragic that that test was removed because it really was very special.

It was the first test (of very few) to put me in Hufflepuff, and at the time it stumped me. (I used to nearly always end up in either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw.) But with time I've come to see that it might have had a point. I do feel strongly about some of the Hufflepuff traits - like justice. Anyway, that test was very, very special, I miss it!

I also got #12 wrong; I'm guessing that, like me, you answered
Spoiler
Snatchers, while the quiz said that the correct answer was Fenrir Greyback.  Greyback was amongst a group of snatchers who captured the trio.
I saw a number of people comment on this at the end of the quiz, so I think it is an error and the fault of the authors of the quiz.  I was unable to identify Harry's wand from the tiny pictures, so that was the only other one I got wrong.  As you said, it was certainly not the "Hardest" quiz.
You're right about my answer on question 12, and I'm glad others believe the quiz have it wrong too.

The wand pictures were really tiny and extremely difficult to tell the wands apart in. I only managed because I visited HP the Exhibition in Norrköping just a few weeks ago, and posed for a few HP themed photos holding Harry's  :harry: wand.
Spoiler
And thanks to the special "handle" on it, I could point it out.

My other mistakes (apart from No 12) were due to reading too quickly (No 9) and pressing the wrong button (No 14) respectively. Both irritating as I knew the answers...

Yesterday I did this quiz
Criteria Characters: Harry Potter Can you pick the Harry Potter characters which fulfil all criteria?
which was in a new form for me. I thought it was really quite a fun idea!   :thumbup:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:51:58 PM by Evreka »
October 20, 2014, 08:08:05 AM
Reply #3

BillieMac

Paint it Black, I  think I took the same Sorting Hat Personality Quiz as you. I've recommended it to other people, so I hope you're wrong about it being gone. I'll have to check.
I remember that it was brutal; forcing a really hard self assessment. I nearly popped up Huffleclaw, but a couple of logic questions set me firmly in Hufflepuff.     :hufflepuffb:

The real shocker was how on many questions my first impulse was Gryffindor, but I had to answer with my trained responses, which were Slytherin type (self preservation), from too many years of being punished for standing up for myself.