December 13, 2017, 12:59:35 PM

Author Topic: Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Madness of Mr. Crouch  (Read 347 times)

November 28, 2014, 03:31:26 AM

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
All chapter summaries have been indexed by JaneMarple9

Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Madness of Mr. Crouch
(Chap Summary by twiddlethosedials )

Krum by Snapesforte

Dobby's still a sock-loving weepy elf, Winky's still hitting the sauce, and Hermione manages to tick off the rest of the House-Elves. Next morning, a pile of hate mail starts arriving for Hermione, complete with a little domestic terrorism - undiluted Bubotuber pus. Yuck! Oh, and it turns out Ron's mum reads Witch Weekly. Percy, by the way, hasn't seen Mr. Crouch. After getting a peak at the third task, Krum asks Harry about Hermione, and Mr. Crouch appears out of the woods. Snape causes a delay that means Harry can't get Dumbledore to him in time - he's vanished and Krum has been Stunned.

A few questions to get you started:
1) Did you think it fair of Harry trying to get information from Winky when she was drunk?

2) Why didn't Harry notice the Leprechaun gold disappeared, and why did it matter so much to Ron that he get to pay Harry back?

3) Why did Snape delay Harry? Did that delay lead to Mr. Crouch’s murder?

December 02, 2014, 07:29:03 PM
Reply #1

roonwit

1) Did you think it fair of Harry trying to get information from Winky when she was drunk?
Perhaps not, but I don't think it has occurred to Harry that Winky is more likely to answer because she is drunk; Harry just thinks of a question he wants an answer to and asks it.
2) Why didn't Harry notice the Leprechaun gold disappeared, and why did it matter so much to Ron that he get to pay Harry back?
Harry has enough money that he doesn't need to keep a careful account of it. Ron on the other hand is poor enough that he probably feels the need to account for every penny (as the twins clearly do as they know the exact value of their life savings when they gamble them on the Quidditch Match result).
3) Why did Snape delay Harry? Did that delay lead to Mr. Crouch’s murder?
I think Snape simply delays Harry to be awkward, as the book suggests. I doubt it made any difference to the death of Mr. Crouch as I am sure fake Moody stunned Krum and killed his father as soon as there was no-one to observe it.