December 13, 2017, 01:00:42 PM

Author Topic: Chapter Thirty-Two: Flesh, Blood, and Bone  (Read 378 times)

December 17, 2014, 04:04:43 PM

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
All chapter summaries have been indexed by JaneMarple9
Chapter Thirty-Two: Flesh, Blood, and Bone
(Chap Summary by twiddlethosedials )

Rebirth by Tom Scribble

The Cup portkeys Harry and Cedric to a dark, overgrown graveyard - and with very little warning at all, Harry's scar floors him with pain and Cedric is lying dead on the ground. Harry struggles and realizes his captor is Wormtail, binding him to a grave marked "Tom Riddle." Harry's scar burns again and he knows he doesn't want to see what's in that bundle - a scaly snake-baby thing that defies description. Taking a bone from the grave, his own hand and Harry's blood, Wormtail creates a potion and drops the baby into it - and out comes a fully-grown, very much alive Lord Voldemort.

A few questions to get you started:
1) What on earth is Voldemort's snake-baby body?

2) Wormtail found Voldemort, milked a snake for him, and now has cut off his own hand for his benefit - why didn't he just walk away while Voldemort was helpless?

3) What do you make of the colors the potion turns with each key ingredient added to the cauldron? What do these colors represent, if anything?

December 20, 2014, 12:54:53 PM
Reply #1

roonwit

Jo has refused to explain it because it is too horrible but I think they would have had to start with the body of a real child as I can't see Wormtail having the magic to create a body from scratch. I think the snake-like look would have come from the potion of snake venom and unicorn blood he was taking to keep what strength he has.
2) Wormtail found Voldemort, milked a snake for him, and now has cut off his own hand for his benefit - why didn't he just walk away while Voldemort was helpless?
I think it was mostly fear. If Wormtail could escape successfully (and he still has Voldemort's magic and Nagini to overcome), then Voldemort's temporary body would probably die and Voldemort's ghost-like existence probably couldn't do much to him. However, if Voldemort ever did return, which seems fairly likely eventually given his previous attempts, then Wormtail will be in very deep trouble.
December 23, 2014, 02:43:19 AM
Reply #2

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
Weeelllll, Alchemically speaking this little humanoid could have been a Homunculus. A horrible magical conception full of gross stuff to form a creature that has some soul to it. In this case the fragment of the Moldy Voldy's  soul was already there, it just needed some sort of 'body' to attach to. Reading as to how the alchemist magically 'birthed' this creature is not for the squeamish! I can imagine that Voldy could have coached Wormtail through the process.