December 17, 2018, 01:28:17 AM

Author Topic: Harry Potter 8. Were you excited? MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS  (Read 907 times)

July 20, 2016, 01:29:06 AM

RiverSpirit

• You can count on me!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Maroon to the Bone
The excitement IS building as we await the release of the eighth chapter in our journey through the magical world of Harry Potter.  I am looking longingly at my prepaid voucher awaiting the moment when my local bookstore hands me the pristine copy of Harry Potter and The Cursed Child that I will immediately rush home to devour whilst locked away from my family! :reading:

As I work in a high school library the excitement of being able to hold a Harry Potter event with a new generation of Potterphiles will be amazing. We will be holding readings and question and answer sessions for almost a week as we explore life at Hogwarts with a new magical generation.  :crabbegoyle:

So, what do you have planned for the release? A party? Will there be a midnight release there? I live in the Antipodes so we will be having a 9am release.

What are your feelings about our beloved story continuing? Are you excited or trepidatious?  Are you planning on diving in or taking your time?

We would love to hear how you are preparing to jump back into the world of Harry Potter  :harry:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 11:24:05 PM by RiverSpirit »

July 20, 2016, 10:48:06 PM
Reply #1

roonwit

So, what do you have planned for the release? A party? Will there be a midnight release there? I live in the Antipodes so we will be having a 9am release.
I have gone for the e-book version so I will be getting it at home at 1 minute past midnight.
What are your feelings about our beloved story continuing? Are you excited or trepidatious?  Are you planning on diving in or taking your time?
I think I am mostly excited at the continuation of the story. I suspect I will take my time - I tried to spread the last couple of HP books over a couple of days, hoping to pick up any clues to the later plot - but it might depend on whether I get swept up in the plot, and how much effect the different format has.
July 23, 2016, 12:36:32 PM
Reply #2

atschpe

• April's Fool
  • Administrator
I have no special plans here. For one being in Germany, the hype is not as big. So I've ordered a kindle copy and will curl up on my couch to dive in Sunday morning. Chances are I will be reading on and off over the days, as I am a slower reader,I guess the dogs might want to go out once in a while too, and come Monday work will also drag me away from my reading. But like this I'll be able to savour it more.

It's wonderful to hear (read), RiverSpirit, that you can celebrate with a new generation of Potter fans (and maybe create some fans along the way). There is a beautiful timelessesss to the magic of the potterverse.
"Of course it is all in your head, but why on Earth should that mean it isn't real?" ~Dumbledore (DH)
July 23, 2016, 06:25:30 PM
Reply #3

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
I am a bit surprised that there seems to be no Harry Potter planned events around me, which seems odd, as I am very near to Universal Studios. I am disappointed that I will not get my hard copy of the book until August 3rd. I, too, am considering getting the Kindle edition so I can jump into the story as soon as possible.

Yep, just pre-ordered my Kindle copy.
July 28, 2016, 09:35:15 PM
Reply #4

RiverSpirit

• You can count on me!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Maroon to the Bone
I have been trying to hide from spoilers all week. I am steering clear of reviews for the play and praying that no one spoils it for me. Only two more sleeps until I find out for myself where the journey is going. Two more days of sticking my fingers in my ears and making lalalala noises when I am offered "information". Bring on Sunday! I cannot wait!

July 28, 2016, 11:10:06 PM
Reply #5

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
Oooh it is so hard not to get spoiled! But I, too, am trying - even though I have peeked at hints. It is hard to believe that the revelations we are to get about what happens to Harry and family are just around the corner.  :yay: :stars:
July 31, 2016, 04:01:00 AM
Reply #6

paint it Black

• Notorious Mass Murderer OR Innocent Singing Sensation
  • Forum Moderator
Some of you may be reading the play already as I type this!   :stars:

It's still over an hour until the release here.  Both the local Barnes and Noble and the local indie bookstore are having some sort of event; even the local WalMart had a sign near the door saying that they'd be selling the book starting at 12:01am.  I am going to be patient and get it at the library, though I'm sure I'll own it eventually.  I watched the library site like a hawk this week, and as a result I'm fourth on the hold list for the book.  As they have multiple copies, I'm optimistic that I'll be reading it within the next few days.  Until then, I do not intend to be spoiled.

I feel your excitement, RiverSpirit, for being able to share the Potter joy with the next generation!  You bring that magic, girl!  :wizard: I hope you've had a good turnout for your Q&A sessions.  :hermioneread:

Cuppa is discussing Harper Lee's Go Set a Watchman.  Please join us!
August 05, 2016, 08:05:25 PM
Reply #7

JaneMarple9

• Staffer
I was very excited for the play/stage version of the book, since there isn't much chance of me seeing it "live" any time soon. So I pre-ordered the Kindle version and the "physical version" in hardback. I can'r say I was as excited as the release of Deathly Hallows, but it felt lovely to be waiting for more Harry Potter :) My Kindle version arrived around 12.30 am on the morning of release :D

"There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with a really big library"