October 18, 2018, 10:00:20 PM

Author Topic: CC Potential Spoiler: Latest Info About the Play  (Read 596 times)

July 28, 2016, 11:45:03 AM

atschpe

• April's Fool
  • Administrator
As the release date draws closer new little tidbits of information are being offered. Let's collect and discuss them as we find them here.

A quick interview with Anthony Boyle, the actor who plays Scorpio:

https://www.pottermore.com/news/cursed-child-actor-anthony-boyle-interview

What do you think about the little detail about Scorpio growing up isolated and then becoming friendly with the Albus and Rose?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 10:40:31 AM by atschpe »

"Of course it is all in your head, but why on Earth should that mean it isn't real?" ~Dumbledore (DH)
July 28, 2016, 11:05:12 PM
Reply #1

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
:hmm: A delicious details that makes me wonder what is going on. I appears the story starts at about the same time the Epilogue ends. Ron warns off Rose from Scorpius, but Harry gives Albus the "Whatever House you are in will be fine" speech.

It is sad to think of a child who has been isolated and unable to have learned how to get along with other children. I would think Scorpius would tend to be shy, awkward and quiet unlike his more arrogant father. Albus also seems a bit shy and  lacks some confidence in himself so it makes sense the two of them would be attracted to each other. It would be an amazing and wonderful tribute to those who died, if the Wizarding War lead to the softening of the feelings between purebloods and 'mudbloods'. Thus allowing greater understanding of the Wizzarding World and Muggles. Let's hope that's the case anyway. I really like the circle that a friendship between Albus and Scorpius completes. It's hard to wait!

July 29, 2016, 05:48:16 PM
Reply #2

atschpe

• April's Fool
  • Administrator
Yes, it's beautiful that the "differences" are drawn closer and maybe even dissolved. Well spotted about Albus' shyness. I had not caught that so far. It looks like each has the potential to learn a lot through the developing relationship/friendship.

What I find striking is that Scorpius seems to be taking Harry's place in away. We had Harry growing up isolated (amongst muggles, little to no love, no explanation of his background, etc.) to then find friendship when he goes to Hogwarts. Interestingly it seems to be again on the train journey where the wall of isolation is shattered.
Are we going from the the extreme muggles raising a boy in isolation to extreme purebloods doing so? if so, is a parallel being drawn? Could Harry step in as a role model or helping hand either directly or through Albus?
"Of course it is all in your head, but why on Earth should that mean it isn't real?" ~Dumbledore (DH)