September 24, 2018, 05:23:24 PM

Author Topic: Member News Bulletin  (Read 13605 times)

October 18, 2014, 09:52:32 AM
Reply #160

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
Well, the inevitable has happened; I just dropped off a new prescription at the optician's. Bifocals.

More precisely, something called "progressive lenses". ...

Funny thing is, it was the car that alerted me to the change in my sight. There are parts of the dashboard that I can't read well with my glasses on, but regular reading (glasses off) and distance are fine.
I'm not quite there yet, but it's getting closer I'm afraid. My eye sight has been at least as bad as Harry Potter's   ;), since I was a kid. When I got my last pair of glasses my optician warned me that they would work wonders in the distance but might not be so good on closer objects. To read those I should slide the glasses further out on my nose. So I do that a lot nowadays, and realise I must look like some stern old teacher...  :lol:

When my mother got her first progressive lenses, she got used to them in no time at all, just smacked them on the nose and got going. I hope it'll be easy for you too. :)
August 24, 2016, 10:03:58 PM
Reply #161

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
In case anyone wonders why I'm not back posting a lot of Cursed Child things yet, it's because I realised I had to read the book too before diving in.  I'm getting there...

Just so you know - I'm fine.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 08:05:25 PM by Evreka »