September 24, 2018, 05:23:39 PM

Author Topic: New Ideas for Platform 3  (Read 1470 times)

September 27, 2012, 03:25:10 PM

ss19

• DS's resident Clever Clogs
  • Administrator
Welcome to Platform 3 where just about any topic you can think of can be discussed to your heart's content!  If you have an idea for a new topic, you are welcome to go ahead and start the topic yourself, or if you'd prefer for a staff member to start the topic, you can post your idea in this thread.

We would also love to hear any feedback or general suggestions for improvement for Platform 3.  We can always make a great place even better!

If you have ideas about The Discussion Station as a whole, please post them in the New Ideas thread in the Welcome Centre here.

Thanks for stopping by!  We hope to see you join in the discussions here!  :)

aislinn
RiverSpirit
ss19
Platform 3 Staff
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 08:47:58 PM by ss19 »

January 30, 2013, 12:50:30 AM
Reply #1

Potter2005

Can we start a 20Q game on here?

Also I was thinking, if it is possible and if we can persuade siena from the Leaky Lounge to join that we could start the game from where it is currently at on the LL?
January 30, 2013, 12:18:14 PM
Reply #2

ss19

• Administrator
Can we start a 20Q game on here?
Thank you for the suggestion, Potter2005. :) (I've been secretly hoping someone would ask. ;D)  A brand new 20 Questions game thread can be found here.

Also I was thinking, if it is possible and if we can persuade siena from the Leaky Lounge to join that we could start the game from where it is currently at on the LL?
Um...well...I think it might be best if we don't "take" anything from the Leaky Lounge.  There's no reason why both sites can't each have a 20 Questions thread so I can't really justify moving the current round over.

But I do see where you're coming from, Potter2005.  It does seem like we're abandoning siena at LL by starting the game here, doesn't it?  Would this work, maybe?  Would you want to guess her current round there so she can finish her turn, then you can offer up your next turn there to anyone who wants it?  Then any LL members who would like to continue the game over there could do so.
January 30, 2013, 04:03:39 PM
Reply #3

Potter2005

:)

I had a guess at sienas turn at 20Qs on the LL.

Thanks for starting a 20Q thread for us  ;D
February 06, 2013, 05:56:49 PM
Reply #4

Pleione

Would there be any interest in a recipe thread, or is there one here that I've missed? I see that BillieMac has joined and I was just reading some wonderful recipes she has posted over at LL.

I'm not trying to hijack the LL thread (which is in one of "my" forums!  ;D ), but wondered if folks who rather hang out here might enjoy swapping recipes.
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.   -A.A. Milne
February 08, 2013, 03:18:34 AM
Reply #5

ss19

• Administrator
Would there be any interest in a recipe thread, or is there one here that I've missed? I see that BillieMac has joined and I was just reading some wonderful recipes she has posted over at LL.
What a great idea!  8) A new recipe thread has been created here for all the culinarily inclined members to post their favorite recipes.  Thank you for the suggestion, Pleione:)
February 22, 2013, 08:02:53 PM
Reply #6

BillieMac

How about a thread specifically for our personal news- sort of a group blog might be a good analogy?
Nothing political, like on Leaky's Muggle Underground, but I got a  regular job a last week- the type where you have to fill out a form for payroll deductions- and can't find a good thread to crow about it.
February 26, 2013, 12:37:02 AM
Reply #7

ss19

• Administrator
How about a thread specifically for our personal news- sort of a group blog might be a good analogy?
Nothing political, like on Leaky's Muggle Underground, but I got a  regular job a last week- the type where you have to fill out a form for payroll deductions- and can't find a good thread to crow about it.
A shiny new thread for us to post our personal news can be found here.  Thank you for the suggestion, BillieMac, and I look forward to hearing about your new job.  :)