December 13, 2017, 12:47:55 PM

Author Topic: Boo! What cha goinna do on Halloween?  (Read 328 times)

October 29, 2016, 05:08:08 PM

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
What Cha' Going Do On Halloween?

Here we are again - It's Halloween time! The special time of year where you can dress up and pretend to be spooky, or clever, or silly. And you get Candy for doing so! As HP fans we also know this is a special occasion - the anniversary of James and Lily's death. The one event that forever changed Harry Potter's life - and of course ours too.

How are you going to treat this Halloween? Tell us about how you celebrate this time of year. Are you dressing up? Re-Reading HP and the Sorcerer's Stone? Staying home and giving out candy? Celebrating Fall Harvest instead?

In Orlando, Universal Studios does there special Halloween Horror Nights which are sooo spooky and scary I have never attended. Even the commercials on TV are too scary for me!  What happens in your part of the world? Do kids go to parties or do they go door to door? Are there special events in your town?

Of course you can't talk about Halloween without a discussion of your favorite candy. Mine is chocolate bars like Milky Ways or Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Yum. I also have a least favorite and that is candy corn - too sweet for me. What's your favorite and least favorite Halloween treat?

October 30, 2016, 08:59:05 PM
Reply #1

atschpe

• April's Fool
  • Administrator
Well, I'll be teaching … no chance to dress up or do anything halloweenish there. All the same it's the first year in many where I am not on stage in final rehearsals or travelling. So it'll be interesting and relaxing. Halloween is starting to pick up here in Germany, but no chance to give out candy, with two dogs that would scare the kids half way across the village (we'll have to keep our gate locked to make sure the kids don't scare the dogs into a frightful barking and growling frenzy).

I, too, am not for all the scary stuff. If I want a good scare I just have to watch the news and that's more than enough. I do love the creativity and togetherness Halloween offers though. We are starting the colder side of the year. So in a way Halloween signals us drawing together …

Favourite candy … I am not going less and less for commercial candies are they are too sweet for me (gosh I sound old!) – liquorice might be the one big exception.
November 01, 2016, 05:24:29 PM
Reply #2

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
I spent Halloween evening waiting for the nonexistent Trick-or-Treaters to come to my door. Of course who was eating the candy for those nonexistent kids?  Sigh, as much as I try, kids just don't come to our retirement neighborhood for treats. So instead of being depressed, I put on the extended version of Sorcerer's Stone and enjoyed watching it - not once - but twice. I fell in love again with John Williams score as I listened to how well it meshed with the action and how beautiful it was. It was a very nice way to spend Halloween.

So what did you do?