September 24, 2018, 05:24:50 PM

Author Topic: Fantastic Beasts Goodie Trunk  (Read 649 times)

November 06, 2016, 10:05:02 AM

atschpe

• April's Fool
  • Administrator
Fantastic Beasts Goodie Trunk

One stop shop for all your Latest Beastie Goodness

There is so much information coming out before the release. Let's gather all the goodies here, so we can help each other find even the more well hidden tidbits. We would just ask to keep all the goodness and the discussion of it in here, in case there are members who do not want to keep the element of surprise and not view everything available.
Here is the final trailer:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vso5o11LuGU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vso5o11LuGU</a>

Here are previous traliers:
Fanastics Beasts and Where to Find them – Comic-Con Trailer
Fantasitic Beasts and Where to Find Them – Teaser Trailer
and there are more … feel free to add what you find.

Pottermore's main page for Fantastic Beasts

and the old fashioned manual link: go to book case and grab your copy of fantastic beasts …

What surprised you most from the tidbits we have received so far?
What are you looking forward to most?
Prediction time! – Any thing you think they might do/show in this plotline?

"Of course it is all in your head, but why on Earth should that mean it isn't real?" ~Dumbledore (DH)
November 10, 2016, 03:15:52 PM
Reply #1

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
What the heck? We haven't even gotten to see the first movie and already there is news about the next movies. Jonny Depp is to play Gellert Grindelwald and Dumbledore will be seen in the next movie! Here's the link:

http://www.etonline.com/movies/202344_muggles_rejoice_dumbledore_will_appear_the_fantastic_beasts_movies/

So now I am even more excited to see the first movie and can't wait to see how the rest of the movies tell this magical story. How about you? 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 06:02:08 PM by atschpe »
November 13, 2016, 01:19:22 PM
Reply #2

atschpe

• April's Fool
  • Administrator
Well, they are keeping us on our toes, HealerOne, and of course the productions will be held close to each other, so I am not surprised we are already hearing about the next one.

I can see Depp make a fine Gelllert. Yet I have also been hearing the voices who are not too happy, because he has been accused of violent acts. This has always been an issue in the arts – should an artist's actions taint their work (both before and after them occurring)? As a musicologist I have found myself separating the two and either studied the person and their actions or their art (only looking at overlap on a historic bases). Otherwise I'd have had to reduce the music I "like" or study by at least a half (Richard Wagner is a prime example). We see time and again that great artistry is linked to mental or other insecurities. These are at times suppressed either by the individual or by society, if not both, leading to cases such as Robin Williams. So in a way it is fascinating that a currently contended actor is to play a character that at that time is also struggling to understand their role in the development of his society and how he can manifest the visions he has for it for the "greater good" and the future of his fellow wizards and witches (not that I am saying that Depp's deeds are to be compared to those of Gellert!).

On a different note: I truly hope that they only used Hedwig's Theme in the trailers to establish the link to the wizarding world. I don't feel the theme is a leitmotif for all wizarding tales, but specifically links to Harry, so it would feel odd to use it in a storyline where Harry wasn't even thought of, let alone born.
"Of course it is all in your head, but why on Earth should that mean it isn't real?" ~Dumbledore (DH)
November 13, 2016, 03:22:40 PM
Reply #3

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
Always controversy over these things, but perhaps playing such a villain as Grindelwald will be a way for Mr. Depp to recognize the parts of himself that he doesn't like, and work to change them. Actors are very sensitive people and in researching and implementing the traits of a character, they can find a self awareness of things they might not have recognized in themselves otherwise. Just a thought.

As for the movie's music, I was surprised at first to hear Hedwig's Theme, but as you say atschpe I think they used the familiar theme to link this movie to the magical world of HP. I do hope the musical score is as memorable as the scores in the HP movies. I do adore them. The info on the movie says the music was written by James Newton Howard. I don't recognize  him, anyone else?

I just Googled the soundtrack and although elements of Hedwig Theme are in the beginning, the rest of the track is quite original. I did check and the audio is available now for pre-order. It will be out on Nov. 18th.
November 16, 2016, 12:36:20 PM
Reply #4

atschpe

• April's Fool
  • Administrator
Just found this little tidbit on how Newt became the new hero to follow, by Rowling.

https://www.facebook.com/pottermore/videos/1329875937046767/

Fascinating to peak into how such "decisions" are made and developed.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 12:58:17 PM by atschpe »
November 18, 2016, 04:52:35 AM
Reply #5

wordsaremagic

• The Only Wizard Bob the Duck Ever Feard
  • Administrator
I just got home from watching it.
No spoilers from me, but it's going to create a lot of comments.
I had fun.