September 24, 2018, 05:26:21 PM

Author Topic: Movie Madness Anticipation  (Read 1226 times)

November 05, 2016, 01:35:49 AM

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
Movie Madness Anticipation

Here we are again - a JK Rowling movie premiere is fast approaching. In the past all sorts of parties, special midnight showings, and dress-ups occurred for such an event. We'd like to know what you are planning for your first time seeing the new movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

~ Are you going to a midnight showing?
~ Who are you going with? Best Friend? Your  kids? Alone?
~ Do you plan to dress up? As what character?
~ What's your candy of choice to watch the movie? Or do you prefer pop corn?
~ If you have the chance - will you read the book, or script-book first? Why?/Why Not? 
~ Any other thoughts on your pre-movie experience?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 09:01:19 PM by atschpe »

November 08, 2016, 08:51:26 AM
Reply #1

atschpe

• April's Fool
  • Administrator
Living in Germany I'll have to see when I can catch an OV screening (=original version). I avoid the dubbed versions like the plague (you just lose so much from the actor's performance), so that pretty much means no midnight showings or similar. Dress up will thus also be very unlikely, as I will mostly like be dropping into the cinema in between other things.

I am hoping to a) find a showing that fits into my schedule and be coax a fellow English-speaking friend into going. If not I'll be going alone … wouldn't be the first time.

I don't think I will be reading the script. Other than with the Cursed Child, here is something I can experience as it was meant to be. The script might highlight some things, that I could miss whilst watching the film, but I think the the full-experience of all the arts coming together on the screen will be more rewarding for me.
"Of course it is all in your head, but why on Earth should that mean it isn't real?" ~Dumbledore (DH)
November 10, 2016, 03:05:49 PM
Reply #2

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
Glad I don't have to worry about a translated version. I plan to go to the movie by myself because I just like to have all my attention focused on my popcorn and the movie the FIRST time I see it! Then I may go to other showings if others want to see it or if I just want to see it again!

I do plan to read the script as Eddie Redmayne said it is almost like reading one of JKR's books. I'll make sure and pass on the experience to others.
November 13, 2016, 09:13:44 AM
Reply #3

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
I bought my tickets last week.  :hedwig: Still need to collect them though...

I'm going by myself as I have no wish to wait to see it. So, I've blocked Wednesday afternoon in my work calender and declared that I'm leaving early so I can get some sort of dinner before seeing it at the first evening show.

Usually I don't have a lot of work related meetings, and can choose to go early any day (sparsely, obviously) which I vary rarely use. But this week, unfortunately, it's been unusually tight. So I've already have had to defend that "early" spot of leaving. So boy, am I glad I planned this early!  :hagridfriends:

Oh, and of course I'll read the script, but as far as I know I can't even get hold of it until after the premier, which in Sweden is Wednesday 16th.
November 13, 2016, 01:25:11 PM
Reply #4

atschpe

• April's Fool
  • Administrator
I'll be seeing it on Wednesday too, Evreka. So in a way we can watch it together, all though miles apart. It's the only screening of 4 original versions they are showing that I can make, as the others are at insane hours or during other commitments. This does mean I will have to see it 3D – not the end of the world, but until now I still need to see a movie where it really adds more than a "wow" factor (if that).

Is anyone planning to see it in a certain version (3D, imax, …) or are you just going with what suits your schedule and pocket?
"Of course it is all in your head, but why on Earth should that mean it isn't real?" ~Dumbledore (DH)
November 14, 2016, 09:20:06 AM
Reply #5

RiverSpirit

• You can count on me!
  • Forum Moderator
  • Maroon to the Bone
My tickets are booked and I can hardly wait! Going to try to get my hands on a script as soon as it goes on sale! The trailers are just amazing and my whole family is desperate to see the movie.

Will jump in as soon as I can to see what everyone thinks.

November 16, 2016, 09:55:03 AM
Reply #6

atschpe

• April's Fool
  • Administrator
*sings* just a few more hours …
no wait that's the wrong movie.

How are you all spending your last hours in preparation for the next chapter of magical goodness? I've been planning with my viewing buddy – bit of present shopping, grabbing the tickets, a light dinner … and then we'll be time travelling to New York in the 1920 for some magical goodness …
November 16, 2016, 10:08:52 PM
Reply #7

Evreka

• Quibbling Queen
  • Administrator
    • Try & Trix
I came more or less directly from a rather not-so-fun day at work, got some dinner and headed towards the theater.
November 20, 2016, 04:00:37 PM
Reply #8

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
I was excited to squeeze in a viewing between my weekly Wii Bowling league and my nightly round-up of news. Unhappily I didn't have time to get some popcorn. It didn't matter. I enjoyed the movie anyway. I was surprised the 3 PM showing was as full as it was. Got a good seat anyway.