October 19, 2017, 10:43:55 PM

Author Topic: Ten Years Since Deathly Hallows Finished  (Read 198 times)

January 28, 2017, 05:23:41 PM

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
Oh my!  :flower: Can you believe it has been TEN years since JKR finished Deathly Hallows? How could time have flown by so fast! I remember clearly opening that last volume and thinking this is it. All the secrets will be revealed.  I thought JKR couldn't have possibly written a great ending that would satisfy my longing for the best results. There was a moment in the Forest when I thought she really was going to kill off Harry, but then ... the amazing happened. Yes people died - but she had told us that before. It was sad. It was awful. It was glorious. That moment when Molly had her vengeance was sweet. And the Epilogue was totally unexpected. And once I had read it to the end - I started over again. I thought it would be the end - but look what has happened since! I bow to JKR who started it all!  :yay: :stars: [Here's a link to the Pottermore story:  https://www.pottermore.com/news/10-years-since-jk-rowling-finished-writing-deathly-hallows ]

What's your favorite memory of the first time you read Deathly Hallows? Feel free to share right here.

June 08, 2017, 07:02:59 AM
Reply #1

Thompkins

Wow, 10 years went by fast!
June 20, 2017, 04:05:49 PM
Reply #2

HealerOne

• Staffer
    • Chasing the Tale
It's very difficult to believe  :o but its almost 20 years since the first Harry Potter book was published - that's June 26th. I can hardly remember that first time I took up the book and met Harry  :harry: . I do remember falling completely in love :heart: with him and the Magical world he inhabited. Every time I reread or listen to the first chapter of The Philosopher's Stone I get goosebumps because I now know where the story is going. Sigh. Sometimes I wish I could forget that I know what his story is and just enjoy the amazing adventure that it is.  :love:

What's your memory of the first time you read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone